on 20 January 2018
A slight mixed bag, hence a lower rating.

I bought the basic version of this new release but it turns out that may have been the best thing to do and at least it was only a tenner. The film itself still holds up in every way (story, direction, performances and incredible visuals covering everything from great modelwork to CGI that almost still looks better than some I’ve seen in recent movies) but,
while three versions of the film are presented, the new restoration only covers the 137 minute theatrical version, not the 154 & 156 minute extended cuts. That’s not something I realised when I was buying it. Ok, maybe I should have checked more thoroughly but it’s disappointing (and makes me a little concerned as to whether Cameron’s eventual release of ‘The Abyss’ will be similar, leaving out the superior Special Edition, as I’m sure he’s spoken about having completed some 4K work on it).

Extras on this disc are a new 54 minute retrospective documentary with core cast and crew (minus Linda Hamilton), a 30 minute older making of (plus Linda Hamilton), two deleted scenes (including alternate future ending) with commentary and trailers, then finally two old commentaries (one by Cameron & William Wisher, the other various interview compilations playing over the film) on the theatrical version only.

As a supplementary purchase to go alongside the older, fully extras loaded T2 Blu-ray I own this release is fine for a tenner, but the restoration should have been done with the full film.
on 19 August 2017
Have seen this several times in the past - but still as good and watchable as ever. A first rate movie.
on 1 May 2015
I bought this to bring my kids up to date with the terminator franchise before they watch the latest film which is out this year. It's a basic DVD with cheesy menus and no extras, but for the price I really can't complain. And of course the film itself is excellent.
on 23 May 2017
It's sci fi classic and this copy was superb. Full screen and crystal clear sound.
on 6 June 2017
Classic film, a bit rough around the edges but that's part of it's charm!
on 21 January 2018
27 Years Later & Terminator 2 Judgment Day Is still the Greatest Action Movie that has ever been filmed, I'm Giving it a 5 Star Rating but i would give it 6 If i could, that's how much of a Masterpiece this movie is, Pure 100% AWESOMENESS now Remastered & Enhanced in 4K ULTRA HD for a new generation of Movie enthusiasts, MASTERPIECE !!!!
on 8 March 2017
brilliant nice transfer to blu ray,never get tired of watching this
on 15 October 2015
Literally has not aged. Just as enjoyable now as it was when I first saw it on TV 15 years. Seminal sci-fi Classic, a must see for any sci-fi fan!
on 3 October 2017
Takes off from the original. Expands the concepts and a throughly good watch.
on 4 January 2013
I decided to buy all of the Terminator Films on Blu Ray and work my way through them during the Christmas Holiday.

It has been years since I have watched Terminator and I loved it, the Blu Ray Quality also was incredibly good for such an old film. I would really recommend this to any Terminator fans that do not already own this on Blu Ray!