on 29 May 2018
Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett were very talented comedy performers but oh my goodness the quality of the material here varies from the near sublime to the pretty lousy (and sexist, and racist too). Overall I'd still recommend it, the highs make one indulgent to the lows I guess. And I like some of the music guests ( The Way we Were by Swingle 2, I know it's schmalzy, but I find it moving, the older I get and all. And Michel Legrand, Samantha Jones, Elkie Brooks 'We Don't Cry Out Loud' come to mind as other musical highlights).
on 17 January 2018
Many thanks
on 12 January 2018
great value would recomend
on 20 December 2017
One of those series which is variable. Some items are invariably funny (news headlines) and other rather tedious (Corbett's monlogues).
on 31 March 2018
Great thank you
on 8 February 2018
The top collection of the Two Ronnies.Could not bettered.The repoduction quality is excellent! A must buy for all fans.
on 4 August 2017
Wonderful collection of nostalgic British comedy. They don't make 'em like they used to. Highly recommended to any one with a sense of humor.
VINE VOICEon 12 December 2002
This is a fine collection of "the best of the Two Ronnies", although such claims of the best are purely subjective on whoever decides which sketches are to feature, so what the compilers deem to be the best you may disagree entirely
For example, I'm not a fan of (let alone understand some parts of) the 'Cinema Commissionaire' sketch on this video, nor did I find the Barber's Shop Melody particularly interesting when there's surely funnier material in the archive. The highlight in my opinion was 'The Optician's Sketch' but you'll have to see it to know what goes on... :)
The famous Ronnie Corbett complete with chair that looks fit to collapse at any moment also features on here although not the best monologue of them all, I have to say. Also the inclusion of "The News" which is a base for some funny stuff based on your taste.
If I was compiler, I have to say that I would have missed out some of the sketches on this video, but that's opinion for you.
15 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 11 May 2009
The Two Ronnies - By The Sea / The Picnic [VHS] [1982]

If you want a really good laugh ( and that means ALL the family) then get 'By The Sea ' - the two Ronnies and lots of other really great characters! It is the best short comedy I have ever seen. 'The Picnic'(also included) is almost as good - overall just the thing for a wet Sunday afternoon - I guarantee you will watch it over and over again, and still curl up laughing every time!
6 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 15 February 2010
These films are absolutely classic and very funny to watch.

No words spoken, just music and lots of vocal sounds of expression - hard to describe but completely effective!

Buy it you won't regret it!
2 people found this helpful