Customer reviews

Anxiety Always
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 August 2003
Adult's follow-up to Resuscitation offers more of the same, which is by no means a bad thing! Minimal and broken tones and bass while Nicola Kuperus almost talks her way through the album. A perfect album for the modern electro music scene!
Electro albums are often accused of lacking any 'humanity' and warmth and Anxiety Always refuses to care. You might not feel like you've gone on an audio journey by the end of the album but the subtle changes from song to song will have even the most hardened of listeners tapping their feet, nodding their head or skipping down the street (maybe not the last one). A perfect album to listen to in order to feel superior to everyone, which I think is a great reason to buy it! I guess I'll give a few stand out songs from the album so I'll plump for the wonderfully titled "Glue Your Eyelids Together" (also the subject for the great inlay photograph), the frantic "Turn Your Back" and also "Nervous (Wreck)". Most albums tend to start to fade towards the end, but Anxiety Always keeps the style and quality right up until the very last melodic 'blung' of the album
on 19 July 2003
I've been pondering on whether to buy an album my 'Adult', for a while now. My reservations lying with the fact that I had never actually heard any of their music, only a small sample in another song. I decided to purchase 'anxiety always' and I have to say its one of the best modern albums I have heard in a long time.
The second the CD starts you are pounded by electronic bass line, it has the ability to get under your skin and really move and jerk you. The vocals are immediate and haunting, the style is electronic and mono tone, a style I have to confess I have always been fond of, but they have perfected it and made it their own.
I highly recommend this album; I think it is a real achievement for the artiste, although I have to say it isn’t revolutionary in any way for what it is its good.
It’s an immediate and energizing CD, and a vital piece at that for any fan of electronic music.
on 12 September 2003
I took a gamble with this album, but it turned out to be lame.
Unremarkable 'melodies' are dragged down to tortuous levels by the singer's irritating wailing. Hmmm, I shouldn't be too harsh, they're trying to make an honest living after all. An 'angry' female lead can be wonderful, but if you think you'll uncover a gem like Propaganda, or Xmal Deutschland, you'll be disappointed.
In my opinion if you risk buying this album on the blind you're gambling on a 100-1 outsider.