Customer reviews

ZWILLING FOUR STAR Knife block, 8 pcs.

on 22 September 2003
I bought this knife set about 4 months ago and it has been excellent value for money. The set has a knife for most general kitchen needs - bread knife, slicing knife, paring knife, multi purpose serrated knife and large cooks knife. It also contains a sharpening steel although I would recommend buying a knife sharpener, such as the Chefs Choice Multi Edge Sharpener, and not run the risk of ruining the blades.
on 18 July 2012
These are really excellent sharp kitchen knives for people who love cooking and want a really good set of professional standard knives. Sure they cost a lot more than similar looking products but you really get what you pay for and they are very well made one piece construction and wickedly sharp. The only thing I don't like is the steel for sharpening as I don't know how to use it but that's my fault not the set. The bread knife cuts sweetly and the little knife is great for meat. Highly recommended!
on 25 March 2004
I was lucky enought to have these magnificent knives as a bithday present in July. I have been buying knives for 20 years and always been dissapointed within 6 months. These knives are altogether a different "kettle of fish". I enjoy using them every day and can confidently say that they are as sharp today as when new. I did however upgrage to Henkels "Ceramic Steel" and this may have helped keep them toned up better than the "Steel Steel" that came with the set. I can really reccomend these knives despite the price which is still really good value.
on 12 December 2014
I've owned this set of knives for around 10 years and they are as sharp as the day I bought them. In this time the scissors have worn out, as did the steel but this is expected (steels do wear out) but the knives a still perfect, the blades are not worn and still run true over a chopping board and it only takes a couple of strokes to bring them back to razor sharp.

Prior to owning these I'd had quite a few different knives but I managed to wear/sharpen them away in less than a year.

So yes, they are an expensive outlay but in the long run they work out cheaper and you get the pleasure of using excellent knives. Same is true of any good knives but remember, you do actually need to se the steel to keep them sharp.
on 28 January 2009
I bought this knife set 8 years ago and they are still a pleasure to use. The bread knife and utility knife are hard to sharpen so as a result are not as good as they once were but the other three are all still in top nick. I use the Minosharp Water sharpener with ceramic wheels to keep them keen and the results speak for themselves. Would buy them again if I needed to but because they are so good I don't need to!
on 21 October 2004
After experiencing lots of low quality products. This is a new begining. These knifes are a pleasure to use and you look for a excuse to use them. cutting bread is a pleasure.
Thanks for a great product, buy cheap buy twice!
on 3 May 2008
A real pleasure to use, nice handles, great sharp edge, exactly as a decent set of knifes should be
on 4 February 2017
Fantastic.....why did I go on with my old knives for so long? I am delighted with this set.