on 23 July 2004
I purchased this album in glasgow quite a while ago. I love the Fat Wreck compilations and i had heard the song 'Generation Lost' on volume 6. I liked the song so much i was determined to get their album and the second i played it I was so glad I did. The whole album is awesome, the guitaring is amazing, the drumming is fast, there are great bass lines and the singing is so powerful and so meaningful that every word sinks in. This album has the most outstanding lyrics. It is so aggressive. My favourite songs are 'Voices Off Camera' and 'Blood Red, White and Blue'. Revolutions Per Minute is THE greatest album I have ever heard!!! It really is amazing. I have no more to say, if you don't believe me it's your loss. I love Rise Against and if you enjoy punk (eg. Fat Wreck Chords bands) I believe you will love them too!
on 23 February 2004
I would like to say that i have known of Rise Against for a long time, but i would be lying. I have been a massive fan of Mad Caddies for a long time and when seeing that a band called "Rise Against" were supporting them last year on the Fat Wreck Chords European Tour, i decided to download some of there songs and was instantly hooked. So i then saw them at the gig, and decided that they even out shadowed my my beloved Mad Caddies. Amazing absoloutley amazing. So this album was brought at the gig and was listened to all night. His voice is just so impressive, withholding those emo/melodic chords in every song, whilst moving onto a heavier punk sounds (who can only be linked to bands like stretch armstrong) The band are just as good as his vocals, with heavy punk riffs throughout the album. A suprise Fat Wreck Chords band as most on the label have been mediocre punk bands that sound the same as everyone else. But Rise Against are amazing out shining every band on the label. This album is flowing with meaningful messages throughout, voicing there political veiws without being to in-toxicating.
Umm, good songs the are many, track 8 being one of my favs, "Broken English".
By this album and catch them whenever they are in your neighbourhood.
ciao
on 10 March 2011
What's left to say about this album? This, along with Siren Song of the Counter Culture, are two of the very best modern punk albums ever. In my opinion the best punk albums full stop, but that's purely opinion. If you're a fan of heavy rock, punk, or any related genres I guarantee you'll love this album. The lyrical themes are fantastic and the instrumental side is extremely catchy while managing to refrain from being cheesy at all. Utter brilliance.

And if you liked this, buy Siren Song of the Counter Culture. It would be criminal not to.
on 25 May 2004
Wow one of the best albums i have in my collection. Rise Against were an unknown band to me untill i stubled upon them on the internet then now wow i cnt get enough of them. The best song on the album Like The Angel but trust me this is not the only great song on it they are all awesome i cant put a bad word against any of their songs!! just please give me more! thanks people just if u want good music this is the stuff! see ya!
on 21 March 2006
This is the first cd I have bought which I like ALL the songs on - I bought it after hearing 'Like The Angel' - but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Voices Off Camera:...
on 30 November 2003
It's not original, it's not ground breaking, it's not anything I didn't expect except.... it's amazing!!
Those vocals, those guitars, those lyrics! Without doubt one of the best albums of the year (like the other reviewer said, not as good as Strike Anywhere)
What so many new bands lack today, and what RA has with enough to spare, is song writing capabilities. In a music scene with more hooks than a North Sea fishing boat, you need something else to snare people. And here we have the lyrics. From the heart? check Meaningfull? check Intelligent? check. We have political rants, breakup songs (and we're not talking the childish screams of Billy Talent and All American Rejects folks), and just good songs.
Buy this. The Yanks did and now RA are on their way to major label stardom. Expect big big things soon.
on 14 March 2006
First heard the song 'heaven knows' on the Fat Wreck site and fell in love with this band. The unique vocal style is initially what drew me in because it makes the band sound so much different from all the other bands out there who are trying to do the same thing. An excellent selection of punk rock anthems, I'd certainly recommend giving this album a listen if you're in to intense music that grips you with the first song and doesn't let up til the very last note. Also check out 'The Unraveling' and 'Siren song of the counter culture' for further listening to Rise Against, I promise you won't be disappointed
on 27 May 2010
This cd is good, but Rise Against's other albums are far better
Best songs are: Black Masks and Gasoline
Dead Ringer
Like The Angel
Blood-Red, White and Blue
The others are quite good, but I would recommend buying Siren Song Of The Counter Culture (Also by Rise) instead, though this is still worth buying
on 12 January 2008
This is one of the only albums that I can listen to all the way through and not get bored of or dislike any of the songs. It is one of my favourite albums of all time. Tim McIlrath's voice is amazing - going from screaming/ shouting to really melodic in the same breath. I would recommend this album to everyone!
on 5 December 2012
This is most likely my favourite Rise Against album and it's such a good feeling having it in vinyl format, also fantastic delivery time, it arrived to me within days! Would definitely recommend it!