on 21 April 2017
This is a superb quality 180g pressing. Far superior to my original copy, which I've been looking to replace for years due to a minor scratch. This is John McLaughlin at his best a must have album for music lovers.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 November 2008
Twenty years this has sat on my shelf and I have taken it down from time to time, given it a spin, thought it was OK, then put it away. A respectable album. Really great percussion from Trilok Gurtu, superb bass from Kai Eckhart. John, well John is just John. He's always amazing but somehow I'd heard him do better, particularly in the old Shakti heydays.

This year I took it down, gave it a spin and it completely blew my socks off. How could it have taken me so long to realise I was listening to a masterpiece? I guess I just wasn't listening hard enough all those previous times, and by that I mean I wasn't listening to the guitar and appreciating it for the miracle that it is. I think it was in the end because I hadn't got my head round John's guitar synth pallette. He uses a lot of organ like tones that don't have the attack of the guitar. This seems to confound expectation somehow, and it just took a long while before I could hear these sounds in their own right. Once done though I could see the same old genius shining through.

I have started to buy my way through the McClaughlin 80s/90s catalogue as a result. I also must make the effort to see what Gurtu went on to do because what he was doing here was completely new at the time.
on 9 June 2015
Listen to this! Kai Eckhardt and Trilok Gurtu backing up to form this powerhouse trio for this legendary recording. Every piece is a gem.
on 13 February 2006
Brilliant!! Top performances from accomplished musicians. Bathe in this rich sultry sound of Indian/Jazz fusion. If you can't get to a rare performance buy this CD, dim the lights and emerse yourself.
on 17 January 2012
Good CD. Songs are slightly long but still entertaining. Drumming by Trilok Gurtu is very special! recording quality very good.
on 4 October 2000
Here is one of the most astounding jazz concerts ever ... John's guitar playing, Gabarek's bass and Gurtu's percussion blend so well and touch ecstastic level quite often ... Absolutely fantastic ... A must buy for every Jazz/World music listener ...
on 3 July 2014