Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(1 star). See all 558 reviews
on 16 October 2016
Not a 3 disc set as advertised. Just one "bonus disc" labelled disk 3! Very dissappointing
on 6 March 2014
This is NOT a three disc gift set as the title suggests! It's one disc of extras from the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie The curse of the black pearl.A misleading title if ever there was one!
on 23 April 2004
I gaze in shocked disbelief at the reviews for this movie on these pagesand one thing enters my head....was I watching the same film? Blandcharacters, amateurish pantomime style acting, overlong, tedious, and theless said about Johnny Depps' pirate the better. My friends say he's meantto be comic, I say moronic! I haven't heard a worse mock brit accent sincethat bloke in the Oceans' Eleven remake!
on 2 July 2008
VERY disappointed in the 3-disc description of this. I received only the 3rd disc on the 2 attempts Amazon made to send this. The packaging didn't even look as though there was supposed to be more than one disc.
on 21 October 2009
Can't even play the disc as it arrived looking like someone had been using it as skateboard. pathetic!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 June 2004
This effort is pretty unique, it is indeed one of the most profitable films ever made and it’s also one of the worst pictures ever made in terms of its cardboard performances, convoluted plotting and terrible direction.
The worst thing about this picture is its success, because it guarantees not only further POTC sequels but also it lowers the bar in terms of the qualities a picture SHOULD NEED to be a major success. Dont believe the hype this film is a con.
on 22 May 2004
This film was dreadful. I will watch just about anything when on a long haul flight. Nevertleless being forced to watch this was like torture.
The plot is predictable to anyone with more than two brain cells.
Basically, if you are not a 14 year old girl do not even think about watching this film.
I don't know how long it it but it seemed to last for ever.
on 22 February 2005
Sadly ordered the bonus DVD by mistake and not the feature film.Was shown how it was made which was quite interesting but not what was expected.
on 20 January 2004
I was forced to give it ONE STAR but I would've liked to have given it ZERO but that isn't allowed!
I watched this very very sad and disappointing over-hyped waste of time 'film' at my local cinema. I was astonished how bad it was. I rate it as one of the worst films I've ever seen at the cinema in recent times. It rates as abominable equalling my other detestations 'Con Air' and The Mummy III. I only went to see this film with an 'ex' and her child and remained seated throughout because with them. I managed to endure it! Special effects are all it has of value, otherwise it is nothing but dumb acting, silly scenes, poor humour, etc. It's all been done better before.
on 15 May 2004
Really, it is one of the most boring films in history; the attempt at humour is tragic, the funniest thing being how Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush were talked into taking part. I somehow forced my way to stay awake through the dippy thing only because a few people recommended it - I now know they were playing an heinous joke on me. Thinking about it now, they all have double figure IQs... that must be the link! Never even think about watching this film (unless you're a dimwit, then you'll think it's great) - it's dreadful!