Style Name: Top Trumps Dinosaurs|Change
Price:£3.15+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 23 April 2006
I really like this one.

Not quite up there with the "Horror" top trumps (a must have for those long airport check in's) but really good nevertheless. A fantastic way to re-learn all those dinosaur names, or to scratch your chin over others and wonder whether when you were seven you ever did read about a 'Gigantosaurus' or whether to make up numbers in a pack of top trumps ...

But really good - with the exception of the one card which you can remove (I think he is called 'Dinoman'); in the 'further information' section (a feature I really like) he is described as "what the velociraptors might have evolved into" (!!?). This is a silly card for obvious reasons, but once you have removed that piece of chaff you have a class act.
on 7 December 2007
My six year old son has astounded me with this game. Not only can he beat me hands down at it, he has memorised all the info contained in the cards.
This simple little game has fired up his imagination and play is often interupted by questions on weight, height etc as well as the expected history and dinosaur queries. He has played this game so often, the cards have become a little dog-eared (to the point where he can recognise my cards from the bends and marks and chose a category that he knows he can trump me with!) So in the interest of fair play, I am buying him a new set.
I thoroughly recommend this game, along with the Space Top Trumps. For a few pounds you will have a fun, educational game that your child will never get bored with.
on 3 September 2003
This is a great, and classic game. Many children grow up still enjoying a good game of TOP TRUMPS.
As for the dinosaurs pack, it is by far one of the best and easily on par with MARVEL ACTION HEROES.
The pictures are suprisingly detailed and the facts vary, some data given is debatable but that doesnt interfere with a general enjoyment of the game, made all the better for the facts at the bottom of the cards.
The cards themselves are glossy and sterdy, hard to bend or crease by accident and the fitted plastic case supplied keeps these TOP TRUMPS in TOP condition.
on 1 August 2016
Good set. Has dinosaurs from Jurassic and cretatious periods. Has a weird card with what a dinosaur human would look like, but the rest are based on actual dinosaurs. Not exactly educational as the stats you play against each other with can be a bit random, but entertaining none the less.
on 28 December 2012
Classic top-trumps that would be fantastic except for the inclusion of the ridiculous 'dinoman' card - what were you thinking!

Having given them as a present I then had to explain that all these fantastical monsters really existed except one. It shouldn't have needed an explanation. Whoever decided to include 'dinoman', presumably because dinosaurs weren't exciting or numerous enough, needs a slap.
on 24 April 2016
Our 6 year old nephew loves Top Trumps & we thought this would be slightly more educational than Minions! Names are a bit tricky for young kids to say (not that there's a lot anyone can do about that!), but the product is good quality, the value was good & our nephew was happy with them.
on 15 August 2016
Good cards, though I remember having a much older set from the '80s that had better pictures and the information was clearer too.
Had to remove 2 cards. One due to it being fake (a "Humanoid Dinosaur") and another showing gore (T-Rex) which I thought unsuitable for my young nephew. Otherwise, not too bad. 4 stars.
on 21 January 2016
I like Top Trumps but this one is a little below par - some of the pictures I'm sure they could've improved on, and why the heck they decided to turn one of them into a dinosaur-human hybrid is beyond me.
on 28 November 2015
I purchased these as my 9yr old daughter loves Dinosaurs, and this was the cheapest i found. Arrived quickly, and we can use them to play our top trumps turbo game, so i am sure will get plenty of use.
on 7 April 2013
My seven year old daughter was having science week at school. The main topic during the week was dinosaurs. What better way to get some dino knowledge than by playing games. She was delighted with this gift.

See one answered question