Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 4 November 2003
I remember watching this film back in the late 1980's, when I was 4 or 5 years old. I absolutely loved it; we taped it off the TV, and I must have watched that tape a million times. I'm watching it right now, actually. ^_^ I'm worried about the condition of the tape though, so I'm going to buy it.
Anyway, onto the point of the review.
Today's kids don't know what they missed in the late 1980's and early 1990's. Kids cartoons were *fantastic* when I was younger. The greatest part about Care Bears, is that each of bears or cousins has a different tummy symbol, and a different caring purpose. I found that as I learnt to remember each name of each bear or cousin, I also remembered the traits they had, and their caring purpose; for example, Friend Bear shows others how to be a great friend.
This film tells of how the Care Bears came to be, which is why I love it so much. The animation is clear and bright, with a few continuity errors, but never mind. True Heart and Noble Heart raise the Care Bears and Care Cousins, and throughout the film, try to beat their first enemy, Dark Heart. Dark Heart infilicts his evil influence over a summer camp, and endangers a young girl called Kristy.
I won't spoil any more... just watch this film! Or buy it for your kids (age 7 and under, I'd say) and let them experience quality entertainment from back when cartoons were good.
on 1 August 2004
If you are an adult that used to watch this as a child, then please buy it as the memories you recall are lovely! However, if you are considering buying it out of curiosity, then you may not enjoy it so much. If you're thinking of buying it for your children, then go ahead, as its that perfect story that kids adore. The imaginary wonderland where everything is as sweet as sugar, and where every body is nice. It has a good moral to it, as it portrays that everybody should be friendly. Also, that nasty people shouldn't be ignroed, but corrected for their wrongs. Its a fairly good story too.
I only bought it because I really wanted to relive my child hood memories. Watching it and seeing the (really scary at the time) evil book, the care bear stare, and old Kim and Jason made me smile so much.
Kitsch!
VINE VOICEon 22 February 2006
This film has a fantastic plot considering it's a children's movie, and characters which you truly care about. It's exciting and even scary in places, and the ending is brilliantly climactic. Unlike many kids movies, it can hold your attention all the way through, even if you're an adult and seen it before!
The animation is beautiful and colourful, and the message is good without being too moralistic. Oh, and there are some cracking songs which make you want to get up and dance around the room!
This was my absolute favourite film when I was younger, and even now I'm 20 I can still enjoy it. It far surpasses any of the animations currently on kids' TV, and whilst it doesn't have any of the knowing humour of films such as Shrek or Finding Nemo, it has a beautiful and appealing innocence that is rarely found now.
Buy it for your kids (especially girls) if they are ages 2-7, or buy it for yourself as a great retro reminder which you'll love to watch on cold days with a mug of tea!
on 6 February 2016
This has become a firm favourite in our house with even the older kids sneakily watching it when they think you're not looking. As a Care Bear fan during my own childhood, it's lovely to see this on DVD so I can enjoy it with my own children.
on 22 August 2009
I bought this film for my girlfriend as she loved it when she was a kid and when it came I had to watch it with her *sigh* But I was surprised at how the film was quite interesting in that it is quite a dark story involving a child who is lonely and how he lashes out at the world for making him so. The care bears live above us looking down on the world and try to make people happy when they are glum. It is a simple story but quite heartwarming at the end.
The story is easy to follow and doesn't become confusing as has been mentioned about the second film. There are quite a few songs to listen to or sing along with if you know em :P And it introduces the cousins of the care bears and how they become part of the care bear family.
Overall, a good watch for those who like nostaligc films from their childhood and it stands up as a watchable film today for children, it encompasses things like friendship, caring about people and has good values for children to remember.
And for the price that it is, you are missing out if you do not buy it.
on 30 July 2014
It's great to share one of my favourite childhood movies with my own children. And they loved it! It's about caring and sharing, helping one another and working together.

Ignore the ridiculous amazon review (wtf)! Far less commercial than most modern childrens programmes and movies!
on 24 March 2009
I brought this cos as a child I loved it and I wanted my daughter to enjoy it too!!! The Care Bears send out great messages to kids to Care n Share... timeless classic!!!
on 20 September 2013
Received promptly and was as described. Great movie, really enjoyed reliving my youth with my young daughter, who also enjoyed watching. Thanks.
on 19 June 2014
My girls contune to enjoy care bear films so great vaue for money ! Jump kin tent was well made just make sure you get the size you want right as you have to foot the return cost of aprox £20 going by the weight of the tent thou Royal Mail
on 18 February 2001
This cartoon is a classic! It introduces us to the Care bear Cousins and the plot is well written. An enjoyable family cartoon! A+!