Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 13 October 2005
My son was very keen to have this collection after hearing some of it at school. For me, there's great fun in remembering these oldies, and I'm amazed to find that he really loves these songs, too. "Popcorn", "Save all your KIsses for Me", "Combine Harvester" are a few of the favourites. He thinks they're "absolutely excellent"! The whole family has enjoyed it: a worthwhile purchase!
on 27 August 2007
This is a fantastic 70's cd made like the old K-Tell and Arcade vinyl compilations were made in the 70's, but beware - all are original recordings but The Osmonds Crazy Horses is a re-recording, shame. dont forget to get Vol.2 as-well.
on 18 April 2003
This album has a couple of classic 70's numbers such as Mungo Jerry's ' In The Summertime' and Norman Greenbaum's 'Spirit In The Sky' but don't buy it if you are a musical snob. For the most part the tracks are those 'bouncy' and cheesy numbers that everyone of a certain age will remember from disco's. They're the songs that you still know all the lyrics to and your foot taps to but you wouldn't openly admit to liking.
Remember such songs as 'Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep' and Sweet's ' Little Willy'? They are featured on these 2 discs along with a plethora of other similar titles.
There is certainly nothing highbrow about this CD but for a good trip down memory lane it's well worth a listen to.
on 21 November 2016
the best compilation 70s so far in my growing collection. Only one comment, I am pretty sure that is not the Osmonds on disc 1. that was the only fast forward on this disc. Original artists too as it says so all round a brilliant 2 disc set.
on 6 May 2003
I bought this Cd for my mum for mothers day.
She has not stopped playing it since reminscing about her love for Donny Osmond and laughing at "I've got a Brand New Combine Harvester". Which i will admit to joining in with the giggling!
If you want to remember the "Good old days" then buy this cd!
on 26 November 2014
OMG! Flares, decimalisation, power cuts, big hair, Arthur Scargill and Mary Whitehouse - happy times and scary people - the memories all come flooding back! Definitive musical classics - simply great. Or groovy as we might have said then....now that is sad!!
on 17 December 2012
wow ! what an album,the flares,the platform boots it's all here, I could smell the candy floss ,on the showfield that came around every so often,the smell of the truck generaters going full hold, and band of gold belting out on the waltzer,T Rex coming from the rodeo every thing shaking and vibrating,my god they were great days,and this album brings it allflooding back,if some body had a time machine Iwould go back tommrow,but they hav'nt so here we are with my album of great memories,if you don't have it ,all original all brilliant buy it ,you won't be disapointed.
VINE VOICEon 10 July 2013
This is quite possibly the most cheesy collection of the 1970s' most kitsch songs. I was at boarding school in the mid 70s and have used this disc to compile a nostalgic collection for a reunion to remind us how crap the 70s really were. A lot of good music came out of the 70s - Floyd, David Bowie, Genesis, Springsteen, Patti Smith, but fortunately, not a single piece of good music can be found on this album. It's the very worst of what this decade had to offer it's music-buying public. It had us all rushing out to the record shops. But it is representative of the time: Chuck Berry - My Ding-A-Ling, Donny Osmond - Puppy Love, Terry Jacks - Seasons in the Sun; Chicory Tip - Son of my father, Bay City rollers - Shang-A-Lang etc, etc. This album of 45 tracks doesn't feature a single female solo artist from the sexist 70s, so it's just perfect in every way. Cheap, cheesy, schmalzy, crappy, pointless, unmemorable and sadly, part of my formative years.
on 31 October 2003
This is the ULTIMATE 70's comp.. It contains hard-to-find, catchy singles such as 'Little Willy' and 'You're A Star'.
I bought this CD because I saw it had 'Son Of My Father' and had only heard of a few songs. But now I know what I would be missing if I hadn't bought it.
on 27 December 2014
Love 70s music and this cd is brilliant. Recommended.