on 2 July 2014
This is a most splendid release. I have always wanted this to be slightly longer, and the Foot Of The Stairs has been given an extra verse from the outtakes. Interesting to hear The Big Top and I am glad that Ian finally allowed the release of Sailor.
Overall, this is an extremely well-packaged release. It is an acquired taste, but once you're hooked there's no going back.
Just one gripe with Amazon, why can't I get the mp3 rip that I would have got with the standard version?
on 20 December 2017
Even the composer Ian Anderson has a mixed opinion on this Album!. As a fan who purchased the original in vinyl but heard only in stunning mono( could only afford 1speaker) and still loved it it was a revelation to hear this remastered CD resembling a new release of the original. Recommended with passion.
on 12 March 2018
I first bought passion Play when it was released in 1973 and as a big fan of Tull it was not one of my favourite albums. When I replaced the old albums with CDs some years later this album was not replaced. 25 years later I decided to purchase another copy and guess what it was great to hear it again maybe a bit silly in places (The hare who lost his spectacles) but musically this is brilliant. Sometimes it takes years for a piece of music to be appreciated.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 March 2014
Although this is not my favourite Jethro Tull album by any means, I would like to put it on record that I do like 'A Passion Play' and would suggest that it is well worth buying. Opinion is, as ever, sharply divided on many Tull releases so I will simply state that any of the studio albums released from 1969 (Stand Up) through to 1972 (Thick As A Brick) are brilliant and well worth adding to your collection.
on 24 January 2008
First time I heard this, I honestly didnt know what to think. After a few more listens, it all starts to become familiar and you almost feel like you've gained entrance to an exclusive club. The more you listen to this album, the better it gets. Yes its a bit mad, yes its a bit weird at times, and yes its complex stuff ..... but what a musical ride! As a complete album I would go as far to say that it is musically stronger than "Thick as a Brick" and much more fun. All I can say is - "I absolutely love it!" and feel my life is that little bit better for being able to enjoy the madness of the Passion Play whenever I need a lift. Brilliant!
on 19 January 2018
This is a really excellent package. I already had this, purchased it as a present for brother who is as pleased with it as I am. You can’t go wrong with a bit of JT!
on 11 November 2016
Didn't really this album when it first came out - a step to far down the concept album route
Still don't like some tracks (you know which one's I'm talking about) but the Mix is better than the original
on 22 June 2017
A reminder of simpler times when music was exiting and diversive. Not their best album however this collection is woth having for the extras. Great delivery as usual.
on 23 January 2018
Sorry, I didn't take to this, a little too challenging!
on 4 December 2017
A great album, Steve Wilson has done an incredible job with the mix on this one, crystal clear - beautiful.