Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 March 2003
I found this album to quite a decent album. Having heard the subsequent album 'Young and Hopeless' I have to say that this isn't as good but still has some great tracks. Motivation Proclaimation is a great song combining acoustic strumming with excellent punk riffing. Little Things is also a great song with meaningful lyrics.
All in all, a good album for Good Charlotte fans out there.
on 21 April 2003
Well, I Already had the young and the hopeless album and i thought that was brilliant. But I only heard of one of the songs of the album Little Things witch I thought was one of there best song's, but once I heard all the album I realised it was just a good or "better" then the young and the hopeless if you are a good charlotte, blink 182, sum 41, linkin park Fan I recommend this album to you!
on 7 May 2003
I am a new fan to good charlotte and this album realy got them of to a good start for me. The music is realy inspireing and it is such a cool style. The lyrics are realy imagnative and you can almost relate to the singers. The music has a way of making you feel realy good about your self when you have had a bad day. If you haven't got this album get it now it is their best yet.
on 7 February 2004
I absolutely loved this album. When I bought it I was worried that it wouldn't be very good, but it has become one of my favourite albums. I am 13 years old and these songs have helped me learn that its alright to be different. I go to school wearing eyeliner, different clothes and people used to take the piss out of me because of it. They called me freak and abnormal. It got me down. I also used to think about why all the popular girls were so slutty? It wasn't nessacery. As soon as I heard I Heard You, it helped me through that patch. Hold On-a song from their second album-helped me from self-harming. I felt really down as though I had betrayed everyone and it helped me not to do it. This album deserves some credit. Some people think they are posers and punk wannabes, but they used to get bullied at school for being different. Like me. They are an inspiration to me. Joel and Benji have really good voices too.
on 7 April 2002
I heard 'Little Things' in the film 'Dude Wheres My Car' and ever since I've been hooked on Good Charlotte. They could be compared to New Found Glory, both play upbeat punk with a distinct East coast sound. All the songs are superb, and the catchy melodies of 'East Coast Anthem' & 'Festival Song' will run through your head all year. All their music has feeling, and each one has a hidden meaning (listen hard enough and you will find it), but they rattle off slower tracks like the excellent 'screamer' just as well as they do the more upbeat ones. YOU MUST BUY THIS ALBUM
on 26 September 2003
Most first albums aren't the best, but this one is just da bomb! It talks about some bad stuff in a surprisingly upbeat way and you just want to hear it again and again. If you like punk, you'll love this!
on 9 May 2004
This debut album of Good Charlotte is a great cd to listen to. It's kinda old skool and the lyrics are cool. I still think their second album 'The Young & Hopeless' is both musically and lyrically much better, more diverse, but if you like old skool and you liked the songs they released from this album, buy it. Definatly not a waste of your money then! :)
I had already bought the second version of this cd, but because this one had Enhanced CD is bought it as well. If you wanna do that as well, let me tell you: dont do it. Nothing special on it, just the Little Things video and a so called interactive player. Having the other album, you dont need this one.
on 8 January 2004
From when i first heard Good Charlotte, i knew that they had become my favourite band. When i found out they had brought out an album before 'The Young And The Hopeless' i had to go and get it. Obviously it didn't disappoint. Some of the songs are so down to earth but you also get a few light hearted songs, which is great because it gives you a real mixture of what Good Charlotte can offer. A lot of the songs have deep meaning to them and will also bring a smile to peoples faces, which if you can pull that off with one or two songs , is brilliant.
on 21 April 2002
i first heard of good charlotte from an american penfriend who reccommended them to me, so i thought oh il give them a try so i did and i thought WOW! this is v good stuff, there much more serious than blink i think and a better more talented band, some of the guitar parts in the songs such as "screamer" and "i heard you" have gr8 typical punkish sound, the lyrics r very true and ne teenage boy like me can relate to them easily, i think this band will b VERY popular when they are heard of more over here, so what if theyre a bit poppy i think its still good PuNk RaWk i like other bands such as nofx rancid etc just as much as *Good ChaRlotte*. My fave songs are "festival song" and "i heard you" gr8 cd for summer partys, later oh ps: BUY THIS CD!
on 14 January 2014
Product arrived the next day, i'm absolutely shocked! I paid for the 3-5 day delivery. Extremely pleased, i'm a huge GC fan and this is in excellent condition apart from a few barely noticeable scuffs on the case.