on 21 May 2015
This is my favourite c.d. of the Everley Brothers. I love the harmonies and the sounds. The old songs are best, the words are clear, and Kentucky remains my favourite record of all.
on 13 June 2017
Wonderful CD. Love it
Margaret
on 14 August 2017
Love this.
on 14 August 2017
What songs that were on cd were OK but all slow and many type
on 7 April 2014
One or two of the songs on this album was sung at the fairly recently shown 1980's Royal Albert Hall concert by the brothers, that's the reason I bought this as they mentioned the album at the concert. If you are and Everley brothers fan then you'll; love this album.
on 29 April 2017
On time, as expected, no hassles, Happy
on 5 March 2017
It's the Everly Brothers, always good.
on 19 September 2003
Nobody did close, two-part harmonies like Don and Phil Everly, who made anything they sang sound better. The Everly Brothers were at the heights of their popularity as rock 'n' roll stars in 1959 when they put out "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us," a collection of traditional songs from Appalachia. Granted, nothing here is as memorable as any of their hits, but they certainly bring the same superb harmonies to traditional standards such as "Barbara Allen" and more contemporary works such as "Long Time Gone." There is also a nice update of the 1930s country song, "I'm Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail." I actually checked out this album because of the last song, "Put My Little Shoes Away," which was an extremely maudlin little ballad that was popular at the turn of the century. I keep thinking that these songs are not as good as the rock 'n' roll standards that made the Everly Brothers famous, but I really cannot find a reason to mark this album down.
on 16 May 2014
Originally released over 50 years ago, when the Everly Brothers were in their prime, this 12 track CD with 6 add-ons is a world away from what we were used to hearing. Here we have a combination of interpretations of Folk songs, mostly at a slow pace, with the inference, at least of death or passing.

The choice of material is not commercial in any way, and I am advised that the main reason it sold so well, was the fact that the Everly Brothers name was on the label. One track was a minor hit, "I`m Here To Get My Baby Out Of Jail" reach the mid-70`s only.

Whilst every song is sung the best way possible, by the best pop/country/rock duo in recording history, in my opinion, I do feel that a little more variety would have appealed to the masses even more. Finally, why,oh why, do we have these outtakes as `bonus` tracks, when they were clearly not good enough to put on the album in the first place. It might have been better to give us something different?
on 24 May 2016