Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

One Crazy Summer [DVD] [1986] [Region 1] [NTSC]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£42.44+ £1.26 shipping

on 28 September 2017
classic film
on 24 July 2011
I saw this movie when it first came out,and had very fond memories of it,I remembered finding it one of the funniest,totally insane comedys I had ever seen.Question was when I got hold of this DVD,was would it live up to my memories of it,or would it have dated badly like so many films from that era.Well Im happy to say that it is as fresh and funny now as it was back then.

John Cusack and Demi Moore make an attractive on screen pairing,and carry the film along well,even makes you wish that Ms Moore had made more comedys,as she displays a few nice touches here and there,as for John Cusack,he is his usual likeable self.While the film offers you nothing new,it wraps everything up in a totally zany sence of humour.There is even a brilliant homage to the Godzilla movies of old,crowbared into the proceedings,for no other reason than the films makers wanted to include it.

I loved this film way back then,and I still do.If your a fan of comedys that are completely off their heads,then you could do a lot worse than this one.It was crazy then and its still as crazy now.And it gets even better,it may be a Region 1 disc,but it plays fine on any DVD player,Ive tried it on four just to make sure,and the picture quality is first rate.
on 30 March 2005
I remember watching this film as a child with my dad and remember thinking how great it was going to be growing up!! Of course things never are how they are in the movies, but this film will always remind me of my childhood and the dreams I had.
I was aware even as a youngster that John Cusack was a great actor and I always enjoy watching the films he is in. There are a host of other good actors here as well, although I think Demi Moore was a little underused. That is her singing though!
Ultimately this is a movie about love and friendship, don't go looking for any deep meaning, just enjoy watching a movie made when the world made sense!
on 29 February 2004
One Crazy Summer works (almost) as a follow up to the fabuluos "Better off Dead". John Cusak plays the 'nice guy' who only wants to help (presilicone) Demi More get a break in her music career, and protect the holiday location he qand his friends love, from an evil land developer and his obnoxious son. [there's a fabulous scene where, to win a boat race to win the land back from the evil developer, the gang hijack the son's farari and transfer the engine into a rotting old yacht]
Like "B.o.D" the director uses animation to allow J.C explain his subconscious, and the little guy (forget his name, but he was also in the Moonlighting series) from "B.o.D" polays his sidekick again.
A great little film, full of caring and developed characters, and a genius use of humour. Doesn't lose anything with time, and is well worth a look by anyone who loves Cusak's comedy work, or has seen "Better off Dead" and wishes there was something similar to enjoy.
on 1 September 2015
The rating is mostly nostalgia but I also like the sheer simplicity of the movie, the ludicrous storyline and the humour. This and Better Off Dead are classic films and need to be seen by more people.
on 26 July 2015
One of the underrated eighties 'wacky' teen films that takes me back. John Cusack was and still is one of my favourite actors hence the 5 stars!!
on 1 December 2014
I loved watching a 80's movie this was new to me and I loved it.
on 20 March 2016