Customer reviews

I'm With You
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£12.99+ £1.26 shipping

on 14 April 2003
This is without doubt the best song on the Let Go album by Avril Lavigne and it was a real treat when I heard this was her next single! Its a strong song from start to finish and is a complete gem of a song!!!
If you did like this, you really should get the album, its not quite upto this songs level but its pretty damn close!!!!
VINE VOICEon 5 June 2003
I have to say this song has grown on me. Its the kind of song that makes me reflect on the good things, and its very catchy. For these reasons it gets my vote as amust buy single, so what are you reading my review for? Go and buy it!
on 2 April 2003
A week after rocking Brixton three nights running, Avril hits us with the third single off Let Go, the first Rumours / Thriller / Jagged Little Pill of the 21st Century.
I'm With You is the big ballad on the album and was obviously a single on first listening. Now it's finally out in it's own right, we are also treated to two new live recordings which span La Lavigne's dynamic range: I'm With You is the lighters-aloft ballad (which she optimistically introduced as "this is our Emo song" when I saw the show last week), and Unwanted is the balls-out metal epic that ends the set proper. They're good quality recordings, and the occasional out of tune notes are endearing rather than annoying, and also show that these two live tracks haven't been remixed, auto-tuned or resung in the studio.
Some elements in the press have questioned how much Avril had to do with the writing, how "punk" she is, but none of it matters - Avril's appeal lies in the fact that she is a normal girl who is fronting an album and a band that possess a degree of honesty and integrity entirely absent in the presentation and music of her contemporaries (Britney, Christina et al). The gigs were wicked and she's a babe as well. Great single. Rock on.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 April 2003
Unfortunately this single only got to #7 in the charts but it is one of avrils best songs yet and it features 2 live songs as well. I'm with you is avril's third single it is slower than her other 2 songs Sk8er Boi and Complicated and it is Excellent.
on 21 December 2003
Ive given this 5 stars but i wouldnt buy it. I would get the album as it is wickid!!!
Get out there and buy it its quality music.
on 17 April 2003
Avril places her fiesty rock-chick anthems aside and instead belches out a suprisingly good ballad. I'm With You is about being alone and therefore feeling close to someone. It's a very catchy, memorable track with a very strong chorus. Avril's voice is powerful and strong, and goes really well with the loud guitar music in the background. Overall, a fab song from Avril. Buy this single now!!