Customer reviews

The Long Road
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2017
Blame my daughter (she put me on to them)
on 6 March 2017
As described many thanks
on 30 September 2014
excellent
on 22 March 2004
I first heard nickelback on a 4 hour drive up to Scotland, and there song "This is how you remind me" was played 6 times on the radio, Usually this would annoy me but I found the more I listened to the song the better it got, I was intrigued by the lyrics, this is the second album of theirs I have bought and I Love it, I'd only heard Someday from this album before I bought it, but I found the other tracks really easy to listen to, Nickelback have a unique style and all the songs reflect this but if you like a bit of variety from a band, then this C.D is not for you. My Fav Songs have got to be
1. Flat on the Floor
2. Do This Anymore
3. Someday
Someday made alot more sense if you watch the video for it, which did make me quite sad when I finally realised what was happening in it! watch it and you'll see what I mean.
on 28 June 2004
Ummmm not impressed bought this album with big hope. Shame i wasted my money. some people mite like it but after i had heard all the old nickelback songs it j didnt measure up. Some of the songs i found kinda disturbing but again sum might not mind them. no offence to the peeps who gave it a good revew but id keep 2 silverside down. okay i admit someday is a gud trak. all i can say if ur sure u stil want it listn 2 sum1 elses 1st
on 2 July 2004
Many people consider the song on this to be the same as the last album. I believe that not only are those people are diluded but they should actually listen to a piece of music before judging the band. For example, I know of 5 people who heard the curb, which in all fairness was rubbish and now they wont listen to Nickel back at all! Everytime there is a music video or and interveiw involving them, they switch it off having not even heard the song! Please keep an open mind! This album is awesome and the best I have heard in a long time. I have never skipped a track on this album before and dont think i ever will. Buy it, Enjoy it!
VINE VOICEon 7 October 2003
I first discovered Nickelback when they released Silver Side Up which, even after listening to The Long Road, is still my favourite album but this one is a close second.
You can see a definite pattern of growth in the bands music over the four albums and this is the next step. The lyrics are excellent again with Chad again giving more insight into his life and thoughts. The music also seems to be mellowing slightly (not that it's a bad thing, there's still plenty of head banging to be done!).
All in all it's a must for Nickelback fans because if you've liked everything they've done up to date, this album is not going to disappoint you. If you're new to the band, I'd still recommend it because the songs are great and I'm sure you'll want to hear more after listening to this album.
on 31 October 2003
Much has been written about music under the pretense of a review, but ends up being a comparison to some other music legend.
I won't bother you with comparisons because I don't feel they're necessary. If you are a Nickelback fan, you'll love "The Long Road". Some of the things they do best are in this CD. Many of the lyrics are aggressive and likely won't be heard on the radio but that won't stop you from tapping your foot on the floor or playing your air guitar/drum all the more. I hear a blend of Nickelbacks third album (Silver Side Up) and their second CD, the State. Ryan Peake chimes in more on this CD than he has in the other ones, the riffs are hot and catchy. The lyrics are often raw and do speak of many current societal ills, but lyrics throughout the ages have often spoken of the times they were written in.
By the cd - you'll like it.