Format: DVD|Change

The film wasn't as good as the original, but was ok and a good price. I did not appreciate the fact that the disc arrived in a plastic wallet rather than it's original case, however it looked genuine and played in the DVD with no problems.
on 29 March 2013
I didnt realise that the Disney Studios made a sequel to the original 101 Dalmatians until i was looking for other Disney Titles. Although i enjoyed both films, i found the original story more entertaining and the sequel is I believe more of a direct to DVD style of film. Still A good film
on 15 March 2008
I purchased this dvd originally with dread. I expected it to follow the old Disney policy of churning out terrible sequels to their classic films.
On reading the back cover for the storyline i was left wondering whether i even wanted to watch it. But was very pleased that i did. It was almost like watching a sequel made for a film just a year or so after the original, instead of the 40 years+. Great attention was spent on the animation to match the original, and the voices are very nearly spot-on.
The final touch is a story that could easily be an original work, instead of a followup tale. All in all Disney have to be congratulated in doing a sequel that will make all (young and old) glad to buy it.
on 27 February 2003
My two-year old absolutely loves this film!!
The story is about Patch and his new pal Thunderbolt and their adventures in London which eventually lead to them rescuing the other puppies from the evil clutches of Cruella De Ville.
Adults will love it too. I especially like Lars (voiced by Martin Short). Will Young provides the theme tune.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 September 2014
I have to say, I was never the biggest fan of the 1961 Disney classic '101 Dalmatians', although I thought it was watchable. When I was a kid, the loathsome Cruella scared the hell out of me (although her voice actress Betty Lou Gerson was outstanding, and really captured her evil), and it always upset me to see the Nanny so heartbroken when the puppies were stolen. I enjoyed the TV series from 1997/98 enormously though.

This direct-to-video sequel from 2003 is wonderful, and a lot of good fun, using much more slapstick than the first. The action takes place immediately after the ending of the original. The married couple Rodger and Anita, along with their feisty Nanny and 101 Dalmatians move to "Dalmatian Plantation", a lovely farm with room for everyone. Unfortunately, spunky Patch, depressed that he's not special because he is only "one out of one hundred" gets left behind. On his way to London to be reconciled with his clan, he gets to meet his television hero Thunderbolt the wonder dog, who is filming his latest TV show in the city. Of course, it isn't straight forward as all of this, Cruella, now on probation for her past behaviour, teams up with an artist, but it isn't long before her spot fascination is relit. After busting her bumbling duo Jasper and Horace from jail, the puppies lives are in danger - que Spot and Thunderbolt to save the day.

I enjoyed the animation, and thought the art deco style was wonderful, and in the tradition of the original. The voice acting was also good, and the fast pace style storyline made for an adventure indeed. My one criticism would be that some of the central characters of the 1961 film don't appear as often as I would have liked them to here, but the new characters are just as interesting.

Here we have a rare, excellent Walt Disney sequel, the kids will love this charming tale, and I dare say the parents will want to have a look as well.
on 9 August 2009
Excecellant. Bought for my grandschildren age 5 and 6 the loved every second, and never moved from the T.V.until it was finished.
on 16 February 2010
When i bought this product i thought it would be one of disneys lowsy take twos like for Cinderella and little mermaid, but i was pleasently suprised that though it was not as good as the origional it was not all that bad for a take two.
on 6 June 2009
Usually, direct to DVD sequels feel rushed and shoddy, but we were pleasantly surprised by this offering from Disney.

Part of its charm is the animation style, which ignores computer generated images (for the most part) and instead has an old fashioned, hand drawn look, making it seem like a proper sequel, rather than an afterthought/cash in.

The story is engaging enough, the characters from the first film all present and correct, and the character of Thunderbolt (previously seen on the TV in the original) is fleshed out(and voiced by Barry Bostwick - Brad from Rocky Horror Picture Show)

All in all, a very entertaining film. Our daughter loves it, and, despite having watched it many, many times, so do her parents!

Recommended to fans of the original!
on 31 May 2015
I personally can't stand this film- bad storyline, characters aren't very well thought out, but I gave it 3 stars as my littles ones love it... Unfortunately!
on 2 April 2014
A very great film! Good for any age to enjoy I really enjoy Disney films and this adds to my collection wonderfully.