Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

Gold - All Her Greatest Hits
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 April 2017
I bought this and it included an album download which I immediately used. I simply loved and the quality of the recordings. The song selection was perfect ad some tracks included performances with other artists. Simply great.
You may ask why no 5 star review. I did not buy the download I bought the CD and when it arrived the case which was not seal wrapped was scratched and the hinge was broken. I checked the packaging and could not find the piece of broken hinge so it was clearly sent in a damaged condition. which must have been obvious as it fell apart when I removed it from the package. It just looked like a second hand product which had not been looked after or damaged product return.
I have bought some spare double CD cases and will use one to bring the product up to the condition it should have arrived in.
Over all I would recommend the music but not the CD if this is indicative of the quality of CD being sent out.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 October 2015
Listening to this CD compilation you will soon realise why the American Jazz singer Ella Fitzgerald was often referred to as the First Lady of Song, the Queen of Jazz, and Lady Ella. She was noted for her purity of tone, impeccable diction, phrasing and intonation with an amazing improvisational ability, particularly in her scat singing.

Fitzgerald appeared in movies and as a guest on popular television shows and she did some memorable musical collaborations with the likes of the great Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington and The Ink Spots. In 1993, Fitzgerald capped off her sixty-year career with her last public performance. Three years later, she died at the age of 79. After her passing, Fitzgerald's influence lived on through her many recordings, awards and accolades.

This CD compilation is a must for all music collections.
on 8 November 2017
Best CD album I could have bought and I recognise majority of the songs; not disappointed with the ones I don't recognise, some surprises too.. I have been wanting to order an album of Ella's for a long time. Finding the right album has been a job in itself.. Definitely not disappointed in any way. If you love songs from the 30's, 40's and 50's with a wide range of melodies sung by THE DIVA of all time at that time, you won't be disappointed. There will never be another Ella Fitzgerald, she can sing ANYTHING, and I mean anything. Love you Ella, always will, God Bless and Thank You.
on 9 July 2016
It was 'S Wonderful' seeing her sing in concert (at the Odeon, Birmingham (UK) about 50 years ago) which 'I Could Write A Book' about'. But however 'Bewitched' I was with her voice and vivacious 'Embraceable You' looks, I don't remember her looking anything like the artist's impression on the cover. 'They Can't Take That Away From Me' but they could at least have put one nice photo of her somewhere on the poor excuse for a sleeve. Still worth a full five stars though for her beautiful and legendary voice singing a great collection of songs.
on 6 May 2017
Ella meets all the demands, continues to perform with clarity and brilliance, nothing comes close to this selection very much recommended
on 8 May 2017
this lady can really sing all types of songs with such soul and feeling it moves you. fantastic double c.d.
on 22 January 2010
This review is actually by my husband. "While I am not an expert on Ella Fitzgerald there are certain songs, such as "Manhattan" and several others, that I wanted to have on CD as I have always loved them when I heard them on the radio, but had never got around to buying. This double CD set has all the songs that I wanted plus a lot of others that I find I like as much. There is no rapturous applause from an audience followed by pauses and "thank yous" from the star that make me feel cheated by some compilation. The accompaniment is sensitive to the singer, unlike the intrusive Nelson Riddle grandstanding that detracted so much from some of Frank Sinatra's recordings. These tracks are atmospheric, beguiling, and sensitive, all with beautifully clear diction."
on 28 May 2013
I am a late convert to the wonders of Ella. Although I was always aware of it being played in the background by my Dad, I had never had an album of hers to call my own. I love a wide variety of music, and have always listened to Jazz on and off for years, but just lately, having been subjected to my teenage son's awful, repetitive, tuneless music choices ( which I recall, is how my parents described mine at the same age! ), it has been a revelation to my ears listening to Miss Fitzgerald's incredible voice. The range, the power, the clarity, the beautiful lyrics......I am a total and utter fan. There are just so many beautiful tracks on this album and I am playing it constantly - my Dad feels his work is done!!
on 27 March 2015
Ella has always been top of my list for this genre of music. The sound quality is excellent and love the tracks with Louis Armstrong. Two of my dearest moments was seeing Louis Armstrong live at the Davis Theatre in Croydon in the fifties and Ella at the South Bank with Oscar Peterson, if my memory serves me right was 1981, fantastic night.
on 19 November 2017
Really good relaxing music to chill out, Ella Fitzgerald what really talented Jazz musician with some great music that you do not hear so often these days. Highly recommend.