Format: DVD|Change

on 28 August 2004
I was unsure about this film at first; it sounded like a generic teen movie taken a little too far, but upon recommendation of a friend, I watched it at last. Not a moments regret there, I assure you. My face muscles ached from laughing so hard (particularly amusing was seeing Smallville's Lex Luthor a-with hair, and b-in a dress!!)
A truly brilliant comedy with, I'll admit, a very silly plot, but nonetheless a gem of a movie (containing, incidentally, the most prefectly timed fall I've EVER seen)
on 4 September 2003
Sorority Boys is one of the funniest films ive seen in a while. Its plotline is very basic and it seems that there has been more put into the laughs then whats meant to be going on. That is the only bad thing i have to say about the film, and ive not said anything bad.
This film has managed to capture the same magic from the classic film "Some Like It Hot".
The plotline revolves around three college boys who have been kicked out of thier frat house. But they have also been framed in the process. They try to think about a way to make everything right and the only plan they come up with is to sneak back in dressed as women during a party. However after being kicked out for being to ugly, they are taken in by a Sorority which houses the most unusal girls on campus. What was once a one night plan turns into a lifestyle and they must live as women for the next few weeks.
There are some genuinely funny bits and this movie is definately one not to be missed.If you dont enjoy this film then there is something wrong with you.
on 25 May 2004
I have introduced this film to a lot of my friends and to be honest their opinions on it are completely split down the middle. Half took it waaay too seriousely and afterwards said they didn't like it as it was stereotypical, made a joke of date rape, was sexist etc. The other half just appreciated the absolutely hilarious side of it. After watching this myself the first time, yeh I did notice that it did the same thing films like 'She's All That' did by heavily stereotyping people but that really doesn't make this film any less funny. One of the reviewers above commented on the actors that were chosen to play the three main parts..I have to disagree that they lacked charisma! Harland Williams as Doofer/Daisy alone is pure genius (for anyone who has seen this, remember the part where he's explaining how he discovered the video tape?)! Micheal Rosenbaum as Adam/Adina, impressed me, taking on a completely different role to that of Lex in Small Ville. Then there's Barry Watson as Dave/Daisy, aswell as being quite good eye candy (my girly tendencies have slipped, sorry!), he is great as the lead role. As for the casting of the girls of the D.O.G house, well there are some great characters! The only teeny tiny thing that maybe bugs me a little about this film is how easily Dave's love interest of the D.O.G house goes from thinking she's a lesbian to realising she's actually not when he tells her the truth. This is me being very picky and seeing as though I've seen the film about 10 times I'm bound to pick up on something!!
BUY THIS you will not regret it!
on 24 May 2003
If you're looking for a film you can sit down and just watch without having to think and are after a good laugh (my personal favourite moments being the scenes between Michael Rosenbaum as 'Adina' and Tony Denman as 'Jimmy', and one other scene that I'm not sure I can go into here!!), then you should consider investing in a copy (or at least watch it).
The premise? Three guys are thrown out of their frat house for embezzling funds. They spend the rest of the movie trying to prove their innocence. Not original, I'll grant you, but it does create many joke opportunities as the guys find out what life is like the other side of the mirror.
All in all, a thoroughly watchable film. Oh ..... and the guys look pretty good in drag too!!
on 29 April 2004
I couldn't stop laughting when I was watching this film, it's so funny andmad, but they've done it so cool by actually starting thinking like agirls, not just wearing femaile clothes!:) Lads become chics:)
Thisfilm is healthy laught and great time spent!
on 1 November 2013
This film is total genius - a humorous easy watch film with quite an unusual concept. Acting is really good, and the times of physical comedy don't go massively overboard. Would definitely recommend as a "chilling out, don't have to think" kind of film.
on 12 April 2011
I bought this based on the reviews (and it was dirt cheap) and was very suprised.
Many of these teen comedies are lame with the odd funny moment. This film had me in stitches over and over again.
Totally preposterous story of course, but the guys in drag are hilarious and they way they keep complaining about typically women issues 'does my bum look big in this' cracked me up every time.
Some of the set piece gags are brilliant, and the guys are scarily convincing at times.
Not a classic by any means, but if you're looking for a light entertaining comedy and like the teen genre then this is one of the better choices.
on 1 December 2010
ok well like all movies this one has had its share of failings, the script just doesn't come up to par sometimes, and there a few crude slapstick and teen wonder jokes thrown in for good measure.
but once you can see past all that and actually watch the film, you will see this is a great movie that every girl should have.
on 12 July 2012
I cant believe that this site would sell this kind of cheap knock off. It was a poor copy of a great film.
on 21 September 2015
Excellent service. Saw this film many years ago and it's just as funny as I remembered.