Customer reviews

on 2 June 2017
great item
on 23 August 2003
The old tapes have been meticulously restored - excellent sound quality. Great music, if you're a Thunderbirds fan. Two points of criticism: firstly, the end tune (track 22) was taken from episode one; all further episodes had a slightly different (shorter) ending, and secondly, the music from the feature films is not included. In my opinion, Barry Gray's masterpiece (at least in his Thunderbirds work) is the theme in the film "Thunderbirds are go" starting after about 7 minutes play. Including this in the CD (in stead of some less brilliant background music from the episodes) would have made it 5 star.
on 24 March 2003
If you Thunderbirds fans ever enjoyed hearing the theme at the beginning of the episode, or just loved the action score as I have, then this is most definately the soundtrack to buy.
22 mind-blowing tracks composed by the genius Barry Gray fill this CD. It is simply teeming with many of the memorable melodies from the television series, beautifly done up to give a crystal clear sound that will bring back thoses favorite scenes. I just love to play this when I'm driving in my car, (not a pink Rolls Royce I'm afraid) it simply fills those long and boring journies.
It is however with great reluctance that I only give this four stars. The reason for that is that they left out one of my favourite tracks. But don't let that deter you from purchasing this wonderful CD.
on 5 March 2003
This is a great CD of Barry Gray's imaginative and skillful soundtracks to the legendary Thunderbirds series. His ability to evoke tension, humour, heroics, and the futuristic aspect of the show (e.g. combining orchestra and synth sounds as in the Sun Probe track) can only be marvelled at. Imagine Thunderbirds without the music and you realise how critical Gray's contribution was to our enjoyment of the series.
Sadly, not all the best music I remember is here, so I can't give it a 5. Audio quality (for the time) is truly excellent, and something of a miracle considering the conditions in which the tapes survived for 30 years. Top marks to Silva Screen on this release. Gerry Anderson fans of the 60s and 70s will not be disappointed...
on 22 January 2017
Thunderbirds Theme on A and Parker, Well Done on side B. Both tracks repeatedly released on CD compilations too - including "no strings attached". More value for money than this single.
on 27 April 2013
Barry Gray adds a very important element to Gerry Anderson's series. I interviewed Gerry many years ago and his strong praise for Barry was obvious. He gave me Barry's telephone number and we did a great interview over the telephone. This album is a must for Gerry Anderson fans.
on 16 July 2003
This is one of my favroute CDs.It is fun to listen to and the tracks have alot of variation. My favroute track (The man from M.I.5) sounds like it belongs in a James Bond film.
on 14 May 2016
love thunderbirds gerry anderson was brilliant way ahead of his time, sadly there is no one like him at the present..jt
on 17 March 2015
If you loved the series, this is the music that accompanied that series, takes me back to my childhood again
on 20 February 2016
Wonderful music from the best kids show ever. Get yourself some Sennheiser headphones and listen to this.