Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: DVD|Change

on 28 January 2003
If you saw the tv series it shows all that happened and more!
You can see them rehearse before the Friday night showdowns and listen to them in Carrie Grant's vocal lessons.The performances are great and the teachers spill the beans on what they think of the students.A must for the budding singers in this world!
on 2 October 2003
wow.. how shall i start, hmm what i can say here is that the group did a good job, they are so relax and enjoying themselves especially the couch scene..
david is great, he's is ainsley and lemar. you see a lot of sinead..duets and solo..wish david performs more, if only he sings AS with lemar..that would be cool.
i have watched it twice (same day) and will not bore me if i watch it more than once..get urself a copy of this dvd...i loved it.
on 20 November 2003
great performences, i can see that the most attraction was ainslie and sinead they sang well and performed good.
david was also good with his new song then.
great production, great songs.
keep me a secret was the b-e-s-t!!!
there are no one best like fama academy:series one.
you should buy it because it is good and entertaining.
b-u-y !!!
on 16 November 2003
Just bought this dvd which is great. The whole series was great and this dvd has everything cramed into it. Some great songs and performances by the students. My personal favourites include the allistair+Alex "let it be duet" and Alex with Daniel bedingfeild singing "gotta get thru this".
The dvd is great go out and buy it as it features probably the most talented artist to hit brit music in years Alex parks man that girl rocks.
on 9 July 2004
I went to see the tour when it came to Nottingham and absolutely loved it, I could't wait until the DVD came out and I was not disappointed. The DVD does not show the whole concert but then when do they ever? What it does do is cover all the best bits.
For me the highlights are whenever David, Ainslie, Sinead and my favorite Malachi are on stage. There are solos, duets and group preformances from all and each of them were amazing. Sinead and Malachi sing 'If Tomorrow Never Comes' all the while playing on their obvious chemistry together, the result is beautiful.
Other songs include 'I Can't Break Down', the fab 'Keep Me A Secret', 'Stop Living The Lie' and 'Just Say You Love Me', some from the Fame Academy album, some cover versions and even a few original songs.
All 12 students get some of the limelight but my favorite bit of the whole concert is when they all gather on sofas and Ainslie and Malachi preceded to try and out do each other on the verses of their classic self penned song 'Bad, Bad Butcher'.
The concert ends with a medley of brill U2 songs. All in all a great DVD of what was a fantastic show and a great ending for the first series of Fame Academy.
on 13 February 2003
I got into watching Fame Academy late, and so missed a lot from the early shows. I bought the video in eager anticipation of seeing new things. However, the video was brief, uninteresting and a general disappontment. It lacked any real insight into life at the academy, and focused mainly on highlights of the Friday night shows, and even those were dull. The songs at the end did not feature all the students but some of them more than once, which I did not really understand. Overall, I was left disappointed and frustrated.
on 26 July 2010
I ordered this as it is my Favourite Reality show. My video is brok so I wanted the DVD.

My order was quick at comming through but when I recived it I found it wasn't the item I ordered. I contacted offshore Direct who sent the item straight away. They responed quickly they sent a replacement out to me and I got to keep the wrong item.

This was a plus as I can now sell the wrong item on and make back the money I spent on the DVD!

They apologies for what had happend.

So overall I am happy!
on 18 July 2003
I really loved this dvd.
it showed really fun bits of the stuff that happened at the academy, you see the highs and lows of the fame academy contestants, you see every weeks singing for survival bits.
they really build the tension going to the finals.
the extra songs are great and there are a lot of them.
To me it is a good documented dvd of all that happened at the academy, so you can watch it many times and be reminded of all the things that happened, and watch it with a smile
on 5 November 2003
What a pleasant surprise! This was a fantastic concert which kept me entertained throughout. Slick production and great vocal performances from the students. Ainslie and Sinead are undoubtedly the stars of this fantastic DVD which runs 1hr51mins. All the favourites are here - Lullaby, Keep Me A Secret, I Can't Break Down, Stop Living the Lie - plus Pippa, Malachi and David's new singles. The concluding U2 medley is spine-tingling stuff - highly recommended!
on 8 April 2003
I really enjoyed this DVD as to me it represented a happy easy going documentary full of happy, positive people who liked nothing better than singing their hearts out! What better relaxation can you think of?
Whilst I am now a big fame academy fan, after catching some episodes on BBC Choice whilst in Paris, I never saw the series when first screened.
I have watched the DVD at least three times and will probably watch it some.