Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 1 January 2004
But for the lesbian schoolgirl antics we might never have heared of tATu.
Whether they are or aren't matters not one iota, it doesn't alter the fact that 'ALL THE THINGS SHE SAID' was a cracking chart single.
Had they followed that single with 'SHOW ME LOVE' then they would still I think be making regular appearences on Top of the Pops. '30 MINUTES', 'CLOWNS' or indeed MALCHIK GAY' would also have been excellent chart material, better in my opinion than the follow up single 'NOT GONNA GET US'.
Anyway buy 200 KMPH IN THE WRONG LANE the and judge for youself they're all there and I'm shure you will be pleasantly surprised just how good tATu are.
In my opinion they are much better than the hype.
on 4 January 2003
This is the first album from t.A.t.U and is great mix of Russian and English "alternative music". The tracks that are on this album are very diverse. They range from dance to Rock to chilled(All The Things She Said-Not Gonna Get Us - Stars). The CD is split in to English and Russian versions of the tracks and this adds a great feeling to the album, as you can experience the songs in two totally different languages. This may seem dull or unappealing, but the songs are so good and have been converted cleverly so that you wont be disappointed. In fact i can say that some of the tracks that have a mix of English and Russian are just as good as the single language tracks. The t.A.t.U fever has already spread across many European countries going platinum in Norway and is set to storm the US and the UK charts! This is a great album to buy. I bought the album after only hearing "All the Things She Said" and was not disappointed by the rest of the tracks. The fresh sound of this Russian girl duo flows through the CD and is in my opinion a must buy! You will not be disappointed!
on 28 February 2006
I only brought this cd 2 weeks ago and I've been listening to it ever since. This cd is great and I would recommend it to anyone. It's a great buy and I'm looking forward to getting another one of their albums. Overall this cd is excellent!
on 27 June 2003
I have to say that their albums are two of my favourites in my collection. Before "All the Things She Said" was out I was in Russia so decided to pick up a copy on the cheap at a market and I was really surprised, these girls are really good! The strengths of the vocals, especially in Russian are remarkable! The CD from Russia, where they are called "Taty", has both English and Russian versions of the tracks so its good to compare the little differences between them.
When I got back to England I saw that the official album (I should think my Russian one is a copy!) had some extra remixes so I had to buy it again - that's how good they are!
If your after something a bit different with a bit of attitude then this is for you, oh and if you are in Russia soon, pick up a copy of the Russian version for a fiver off all good market stalls as well as wide variety of movies that aren't out yet over here!
on 15 April 2003
I decided to buy this album from the huge success of "All the things she said", and I had also heard that the album was very good. Although the russian tracks were a let-down the others were brilliant especially the fast disco track "Not gonna get us". The bonus features such as the interview with Julia and Lena and the "All the things she said" video were great as most albums don't include such things, also there were the songwords to every track inside the cd which was helpful. As I found the marks out of 10 very helpful in past reviews, I have done one of my own.
Not Gonna Get Us = 10/10
Clowns = 8/10
Malchik Gay = 8/10
Stars = 9/10
on 24 February 2003
I only recently heard about t.a.t.u, and downloaded the single just to see what all the fuss was about. I actually listened to the Russian version first, and although I couldn't unsterstand a word they were saying, I found myself being almost hypnotised by their voices. I ended up getting some more of their songs, like 30 minutes and nas ne dagoniat (not gonna get us) and quite a few others. They sent shivers down my spine. So, I just had to buy the english album. But what I found was that although I could now understand what they were saying, the music lost some of its originality, its rawness that made it sound more, well, real. It took on a more british sound that dissapointed me slightly, and their voices just didn't have as much emotion as they were probably more concerned about pronouncing the words correctly than putting all their feelings into the songs. Nevertheless the songs are still enjoyable and I'm glad I bought the album. But I would also advise anyone who wants this to also try to get hold of the Russian versions of the songs, as they are equally as good (if not better) to listen to (you'll just have to learn some Russian).
VINE VOICEon 23 September 2006
the first album by the two russian girls is absolutely wonderful...perfect pop like you got in the 80's...with wonderful faultless production!!!!

everybody must know the two big singles "not gonna stop us" and "all the things she said"..and the rest of the english songs are just as perfect.....

the russian vocal songs dont quite work...cause you dont understand them! but it is still a brilliant album for pop fans, 80's music lovers...clubbers!!!

includes the wonderful cover of the smiths "how soon is now"
on 17 May 2003
The TATU album is sensational. I instantly became hooked on "All the things she said" which led me to buy the single. Then i got hooked on "not gonna get us" so i decided to buy the album. Was a great decision! The album is the best i have ever bought. The music is so powerful and the girls vocal talents are superb. You can never get bored of Tatu's music. Every single song on the album is excellent, even the songs in Russian. Tatu show the feelings of teenagers in love and the experiences they go through. All i can say is buy this album, it is worth every penny. I will certainly be pre-ordering any 2nd album which is released in the future!
on 22 February 2004
OK SO THEY MAY NOT BE THE MOST TALKED ABOUT BAND OF ALL TIME-BUT THEY SHOULD BE!! THE ALBUM IS GREAT EVEN FOR STARS, YA SOSHLA S UMA AND NAS NE DOGONYAT(THAT WOULD BE IVE LOST MY MIND AND THEY WONT CATCH UP WITH US TO ALL YOU NON-RUSSIN SPEAKERS OUT THERE). BUY IT OR THE MAFIA WILL BE ROUND SHORTLY...
on 16 June 2003
My friend bought me this album for my birthday, as something of a joke. I am a teenage boy, and when I saw that the cd had videos on I was pleasantly suprised. But by accident the cd started playing and I had to listen to the music. Such were the preconceptions, I expected some sugary 'Steps' like songs, but I have never been so shocked. Some incredibly haunting songs came through, and none so much as the cover of 'The Smiths', a truely fantastic song in its original entirety. Admittedly there are many remixes but this album is certainly worth buying, you might even shed a tear listening to it