on 10 December 2008
These binoculars are good, but they do have their limitations. I don't mean for this to be a negative review, but I do feel that there are a couple of downfalls that have not already been highlighted in previous reviews -

1. The camera DOES NOT adjust focus with the binoculars! It has a set focus range of 30 feet, which means that unless you are at least that distance away, your target will not be in focus in the photograph. I found this a particular problem as I wanted to use them for garden bird spotting/photographing, but a lot of the time the birds were just too close. If they were further away, they were still out of focus because the camera would focus on leaves and trees that were at the 30 feet marker.

2. With the extra equipment between the two eye pieces, I couldn't look through both lenses at the same time... the binoculars wouldn't close in narrow enough for my skinny nose!

3. Unlike the previous reviewer, I felt that they did drain the batteries quite heavily.

The binoculars themselves are good enough. They focus like normal binoculars and I didn't have a problem with them (other than not being able to see through both lenses at the same time!)

The extra buttons and the on-screen menu for the camera were easy to understand. The little preview screen was very useful - I would search for my target through the binoculars, then centre it on the screen before I took my picture.

Overall, I would say think very carefully about what you need them for before you go ahead and buy this particular set. I imagine they will suit some purposes well, but the fact that you can't adjust the focus on the camera was a huge problem for me.

I'll be happy to answer any questions in the comments.
on 9 August 2005
I bought this camera/binocular when i travelled to the states. I intended to use them for when i was at air shows, out in the country and so on.
I can honestly say these are a great idea. though the mega pixel count is slowly becoming more out of date as each day goes on, but thats how the modern world stands today.
When taking a picture you can snap up to 60 which is a good count. Though you need a steady hand or you might find your self a bit blurred. Dont look at this as a problem because i took a picture or two of RollerCoasters when they were moving through loops etc. And they were prefect.
Pictures also render pretty quickly, a small beep and its done. Though you cant preview your masterpiece.
Battery life is long lasting so nothing to report there.
Overall its a great buy. If you are a distant photographer then this will be an excellend and invaluable tool.
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse