Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 February 2007
Both LPs featured were on the Billboard Charts and three singles featured made the Top 40 Adult Contemporary charts as well. Great Great selections here for Vikki fans. This music doesnt sound dated and like these recordings, my friend heard her recently at Skagit Casino near Canada border, Vikki sold out two shows in one night. Had the audience's attention the moment she appeared on stage and from I was told sings better than in the 1960-1970's This is a superstar that rates right along UK Shirley Bassey...if you like Shirley you will LOVE Vikki. Now to get EMI to release a new CD of Vikki today Let's start writing EMI now for that EMI big wigs are listening to us! Spanish Harlem, Loving Him, So Far Away. Crazy Love, and Id Do It All Again

I'll Be Home I Keep It Hid, Hurt, For All We Know and Vikki's version of this Motown classic Ain't No Mountain High Enough belongs to Vikki now that I have heard it were my favorites. okay If I Were Your Woman also rocks. Great material hope to see Vikki on TV once again she's too good not to be!
on 2 April 2013
These 2 albums were her first for Sony/Columbia back in 1971 and they were a new start for Vikki. Gone were the covers of the standards that most other artists from Nancy Wilson to Judy Garland recorded from the pervious 20 years, and she moved to covering the more popular songs of the day.

The first songs she recorded were a slower version of the Carpenters hit 'For all we know' and a far superior version of 'Ain't no Mountain high enough'. It's a pity this song didn't come out a few months earlier than the Diana Ross version as Vikki should have had the hit, just listen to how much better she sings the song!

'Love Story' also includes some other greats: a brilliant cover of 'Hurt', a lovely version of 'If you could read my mind' and the best version of have ever heard of 'I'll be home', but only a minor hit for Vikki. You would have thought that this was enough but we still get the beautiful 'One less bell to answer'(better than Streisand!),and an amazing version of '(where do I begin) Love story'. This is by far one of her best albums.

'Superstar' is very much in the same vein but maybe not quite as strong as 'Love story'. It starts with another cover of a Carpenters hit (She also recorded 'Let me be the one' & 'A Song for you' made popular by the Carpenters). 'The night they drove old Dixie down' is as good as the original and there is a lovely cover of the Bee Gees 'How do you mend a broken heart'.

This is Vikki at her best, well until some of her brilliant Spanish albums nearly 20 years later which won her 3 Grammy's. But Vikki does have one of the best voices, and is often under-rated as a major singer of the late 20th century.