Customer reviews

Futurama (PS2)

on 14 February 2004
I wouldn’t wish this game upon my worst enemy. It really is as bad as you have heard it is. The camera angle constantly prevents you from seeing anything and the controls are too slow and not accurate. The voices are awesome but that’s the only positive thing I can say about the game. If your thinking about getting this game I would certainly think again considering how much it costs. If you really want to try the game just rent it then decide.
on 1 August 2003
Just got to the 3rd level in this game. The voices are just like on TV, and there are some excellent and funny scenes within it. Loads of fun, and even my girlfriend wanted to play the game too. (That's a first)
Recommended.
on 3 October 2014
Sorry to say my son was dissapointed as this game does not work...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 September 2003
I hated this sooo much. I rented this game before I bought it and im very glad I did! it is terible! The gameplay is so repetitive. The cel shaded graphics look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards. You shoot some guy's, move on a bit, shoot some more guys, jump a bit, shoot some more guyz, you get the picture. I got to level 4 then just left it alone and played good old fashion medal of honour.
on 1 September 2003
If your a fan of the show then I think you will enjoy this game just because it's Futurama. The graphics are very good, storyline is fun (with a twist at the end) and the music is good, although the sewer level music started really bugging me after a while. The actual gameplay however isn't so great, I found it painfully difficult to play at times and found myself swearing at the game on several occassions. I don't think I would have gotten through it without cheating and topping up my lives every now and then.
on 10 June 2007
I really enjoyed this game. I loved the first level I got every item for that level.
on 11 July 2004
I would highly recommend NOT buying this game. While the animated scenes reflect the humour of the programme, the game itself is awkward and poorly constructed. Some of the camera angles obstruct the view of the player (which is really frustrating when playing the fast levels). Also this game is just too difficult. Experienced gamers might be able to deal with it but the level of difficulty is so high that I quickly lost interest - having to do some levels numerous times, often from right at the beginning.
If they made the scenes in one package I would watch it, but for a gamer it is awful!
on 10 August 2003
The game is written by the original script writers, was supervised by Matt Groening, and is voiced by the whole original Futurama cast.
The games cutscenes all add up to a full and most likely the last ever Futurama episode and it is one of the best tieing up alot of loose ends from the series.
the game itself is a fun platformer with humour from the show throughout all the levels
In short it is very funny, good fun to play and well worth buying for any futurama fan or even non fan!!!
on 5 September 2003
Well, the cartoon segments are very nice but the actual gameplay is disappointing - somewhat repetitive and occasionally rather difficult in a fiddly sort of way. The humour helped to delay the onset of boredom and frustration, but not by much. Watch the tv series instead.
on 23 July 2003
Based on the animated series Futurama, this game is a third-person action shooter featuring the four main characters from the show, Fry, Bender, Leela and Dr Zoidberg. Each character is fully playable and has their own select moves and weapons as well as different playing styles. The game is very straightforward and easy to pick up and play, and features a superb mix of action (shooting, flaming, kicking and punching), agility (jumping, climbing), simple puzzle solving (activate generator to use elevator to reach new area) and, of course, hilarious dialogue.

See one answered question