on 17 June 2016
A great set of episodes that's full of laugh a minute random comedy fun

I've become a great fan of Family guy recently after a friend borrowed me this DVD set.
I did watch a few episodes on TV here and there, but after getting my hands on this dvd set : I've only just started truly appreciating it.

I assume , like the Simpsons or any long running series .... there are high points and low points during the shows run .... I'm guessing series 2 is one of the high points !

Like the Simpsons the family guy cast are a bunch of mismatched misfit characters .... but in this show even more so .... including the dog and baby who seem to be both smarter than the rest of the family and have great comedy chemistry together as a duo.

Each show is a quick fire of jokes every 20 seconds and a lot of jokes are handled well and hit their mark deeply in this season. The humor is so random at times, yet so well timed and there are alot of pop-culture/celebrity based gags that really raise a smile.

Season 2 of family guy shouldn't disappoint if you're looking for a few hours of no holds barred laughter, sometimes in bad taste , but who cares ... hehe ...

Although this is the kind of humor the Simpsons is resorting to nowadays , it doesn't seem as cheap with Family Guy because , this title started off this way. While the Simpsons seem to be just getting desperate in their last few seasons.

Many episodes are gems in this box set , I don't think there's even one episode I'm disappointed with , all of them have been a joy to watch.
Plenty of them seem to be of high standard , more than half of them I recommend as must sees.

Family Guy truly is great, unrestrained animated comedy fun , that a wide audience can enjoy, who want something a bit ruder than the simpsons ... well a lot ruder ... hehe ...
on 21 September 2007
A great set of episodes that's full of laugh a minute random comedy fun

3 people found this helpful
on 25 June 2013
I find the Family Guy entertaining but not so varied and agile in terms of plot-development as The Simpsons. Peter is more predictably childish and slobbish than Homer: too predictable. Lois is excellent, and often the strongest character. Stewie and Brian are good fantasy-creations of a certain originality, altho' I have been a bit puzzled that sometimes Stewie's diatribes seem to be baby-talk (that the grown-ups hear but can't understand) and at other times they seem to be fully understood. Enjoyable, then, but not quite at the level of The Simpsons. I hope, though, that Family Guy will continue to grow on me.
on 14 October 2017
I love Family Guy and to have the complete second series of family guy is well worth it with loads of extras they arrived on time and in good condition
on 4 February 2018
One of the best animated comedy shows about, DVD was in great condition, Very Happy
on 2 August 2013
I bought this DVD as I have found the early seasons of Family Guy are not that easy to come by anymore.

Seth McFarlane's early work of Family Guy doesn't let you down. There are scenes on the DVD that don't get shown on TV which is why I bought it. There is a library selection on the DVD so you can watch each episode but there isn't a 'play all' function.
on 13 March 2010
This season is amazing, like all the others. Seth MacFarlane is a complete genius, i love this way this show takes the mick out of every day things, people, all kinds of stuff - and slaps them all together into a very witty and well animated cartoon. some people are very shallow and don't understand the humor, usually boring unimaginative people. if you have a sensor of humor and you want to be entertained, this is definitely worth watching. if your thinking about buying it........ buy it!
on 21 July 2017
100% Hilarious - You really don't need to review this!
on 2 July 2014
DVD arrived promptly and well packaged. A bit of wear and tear on the boxes (to be expected), but disks in fine condition, all there. As for the show.. who hasn't seen family guy? A great laugh-a-minute animated comedy similar to The Simpsons, but more adult oriented. Great buy for a great price, thanks!
on 10 January 2017
Some great episodes and some not so great but definitely worth having in your DVD collection