Format: Audio CD|Change

on 17 October 2006
Only became aware of Chantal's presence recently following a trip to Canada. I brought this and 2 other CD's and they really deserve to be listened to. "What If It All Means Something" is probably my favourite. At least listen to the first 2 tracks "In This Life" and "Times" then listen to them again. Then listen to the rest of the album - I'm sure you will then come to realise Chantal has real talent and deserves far more recognition in the UK. All the tracks grow on you rapidly. For those who don't know Chantal has penned and co-written tracks for Avril Lavigne and Kelly Clarkson amongst others. A great CD!
on 11 July 2007
I bought this album on the strength of only one song of Chantal Kreviazuk's, Feels Like Home, which was on compilation CD I had from a while back, and which was the only song of hers I had ever heard, and I always loved it. So, I was delighted when I bought this album from Amazon to find that it is included as a bonus track, although on the Amazon site it doesn't actually mention the title of the song. Whenever I listened to Feels Like Home I was always struck by her clear, soaring vocals, which are very much to the fore on this album. It opens with In This Life, which amply highlights her wonderful vocals and piano playing, and the next track, Time, is also excellent, as are subsequent tracks. At times her piano playing is reminiscent of Vanessa Carlton but Chantal's voice is, I think, more mature and rounded than Vanessa Carlton's. This is a lovely album which is well worth buying, particularly as on the Amazon site it can be obtained for a very reasonable price whereas if it were bought through a record store I have no doubt the price would be high as I'm sure it wouldn't be easily available and would probably have to be specially ordered.
on 7 May 2003
I have been a fan of Chantal Kreviazuk ever since I first heard her Music on episodes of Dawson's Creek, and bought the Imports of her first two albums "Under These Rocks and Stones" and "Colour Moving And Still".
I've been waiting for a new album from Chantal for quite some time. After listening to the short demo clips and downloading the video for "In This Life" (which is a great video), I had to order it, so imported it via Amazon.com.
I think the best song is "In This Life", closely followed by "Time" and the title track "What If It All Means Something".
"Miss April" and "Turn the Page" are also great tracks, and as a bonus there is the Dawson's Creek classic "Feels Like Home".
Some of the other tracks are 'growers', but I'm sure it won't be long before I can't get them out of my head.
Chantal has a very distinctive and powerful voice, and if you liked her first two albums then this one is a must.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Phil.
on 29 November 2013
This CD was bought for our wedding song which we wanted "feels like home" track 12. Unfortunately we were sent the edition which did not have the track we wanted so i sent it back. I have to say the album is good but not what we wanted. Amazon did refund me straight away with no issues.
on 3 January 2004
Fortunately you don't have to like 'Dawson's Creek' to appreciate this artist! I bought this album having not heard any of her music before, purely going on reviews and recommendations on Amazon.com. And although on the first listen I was not completely blown away as such, I realised that there were good songs included. This album definitely grows on you.
It is a shame that artists such as Chantal do not get any recognition in this country, as she is very talented.
The first standout track is "Time" - very catchy, a brilliant song. Another favourite of mine is "Waiting" - quite a slowish song but again catchy and cleverly written. The title track "what if it all means something" is another good song, the lyrics are brilliant, it is a song I can relate to; a love song with a bit of a twist.
Overall this is a good album, don't be put off that you may not have heard much from her. She is definitely worth a listen.
on 8 August 2012
Basically we only bought this album because "Feels Like Home" was our first dance wedding song.
The problem is that it isn't actually on this album.
For this reason it get 1 due to false advertising.

It looks like someone else has fallen for the same trick so watch out.

Hopefully I will get a refund.
on 19 July 2010
Although this is a pleasing album, I had a major disappointment when I played it.
Track 12 (Feels like home) simply did not exist! The inclusion of this song on the playlist was my sole reason for buying the album in the first place, as it has very special significance for our family.
on 19 September 2013
I bought this as I love 'Feels like home', but the rest of the album is pretty beige. None of the other songs stand out and I was really disappointed.
on 6 July 2009
I heard this on FB as one of my friends dedicated to her husband, nice soulful music.
on 31 July 2014