on 4 January 2012
I bought this for my mom for Christmas because she got hooked on the older episodes and this made her day.
on 31 January 2007
Good value and a good selection, but I only ordered it because another reviewer said that it included 'Bringing Sam Home'. This is my favourite episode, from the series' best period, but unfortunately, I soon discovered that it's NOT actually included here! This set is still worth buying, however.
5 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 4 December 2007
I bought this product as it describe having the feature film of getting sam home and unlike the other reviewer saying that it did not include it in the box mine actually did.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 June 2006
Is usually this collection of LOSW! Thankfully, I can now compare to the series 1 & 2 (and 3 & 4) available in the UK.

This collection contains most of the first series. I have to wonder who edited this collection, as *most* of the series 1 episodes are mostly complete. Mostly, because there are snips of scenes deleted in this collection, apparently for time? There doesn't appear to be any consistency in the editing, therefore only 4 stars.

The best disc in this collection has to be the movie "Bringing Sam Home"-- some of Roy Clarke's best writing, acted with marvelous artistry of the regular cast, including John Comer lip-syncing to a voice-actor's dialogue, and a short appearance of Joe Gladwin, both, sadly, just prior to their deaths. I love Lynda Baron's (Open All Hours) portrayal of Lily Blessher.

I truly hope that "Uncle of the Bride" and additional seasons on DVD will be forthcoming soon!
12 people found this helpful