Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 7 March 2017
Excellent
on 5 March 2017
Perfect!!!
on 29 September 2002
Never before has an Elvis album been remastered with such care. BMG has found the original masters and session tapes of 30 songs which made the top of the pop charts in the US and the UK between 1956 and 1977, remixed and remastered them, and added the JXL remix which recently topped the charts in fourteen countries. Similar to the ground-breaking Beatles Number Ones album in that Elvis' greatest songs aren't included if they didn't get to No.1, this therefore excludes songs like 'That's All Right', 'If I Can Dream' and 'Always On My Mind'. But it does include great songs like 'Heartbreak Hotel', 'Don't Be Cruel' and 'Suspicious Minds', all remastered to perfection. Some songs have sounded rather flat in the past, paarticularly 'Hound Dog', where they didn't have the master tape at hand, but now they've found it in a vault and used it for the first time since 1956.Two songs are noticably different, in that they've used a different version for this release. 'A Fool Such As I' is a different, earlier take of the song, and 'The Wonder Of You' is an undubbed version from an evening Vegas show, here replacing the overdubbed version recorded at the afternoon show the same day. Both lack the finesse of the master versions, but add to the collectability of the CD.These are the greatest hits of the worlds greatest entertainer ever. Therefore this has got to be the greatest album ever released by anyone, and should be in everyone's collection, along with 'The Sun Collection', 'Elvis Is Back' and 'From Elvis In Memphis'. Buy it now.
11 Comment| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2016
Came damaged case has been smashed up
A Little background if you will indulge me:
Elvis was my Mothers favourite singer of all time. She even got to see him live in Vegas in August 1971. Something she always loved to talk about to anyone who would listen. I loved listening to how even seated at the farthest table from the stage, Elvis would sing each song directly towards my Mom… a bit of wishful thinking you might agree, but it made my mom’s eyes sparkle every time she recalled it.

I grew up with his music playing on the stereo or in the car cassette player. Long before Mp3’s and the likes of “streaming” were invented. When Mom passed away I kind of inherited all of her old vinyl records, including all of her Elvis collections. The thing is I do not own a “record player” I just did not want them to be thrown away or sold. Am I Sentimental? Oh yes I most certainly am.

Elvis 30 Number 1’s – Amazon Music
I have had Amazon Prime now for over two years and although I knew I could stream music for free I had never availed myself of the feature.. Until today! I was thrilled to find this album available to stream as part of my Prime membership and I have been listening to it all morning. It has brought back some wonderful memories.

The tracks have all been remastered, what I call “Polished” which I personally like but I know my mom and probably most serious Elvis/Vinyl fans would see as spoiling a masterpiece. There are actually 31 tracks on this. – A little less conversation was added as a bonus!

My recommendation is if you love Elvis and if you have Amazon Prime, avail yourself of this feature. There are many great Elvis albums available.

Thank you for reading and allowing me to reminisce :-)
on 14 December 2002
When JXL remixed the '68 hit 'A Little Less Conversation' and got it to number one, it brought Elvis to a whole new generation of fans, including me. My parents are both Elvis fans and I've grown up with his music, but I bought this cd for myself, and to all young fans - it shows why Elvis is the King!
Most of the hits are from the 50's and early 60's, and the infamous tracks 'Heartbeak Hotel', 'Hound dog' and 'All Shook Up' are featured, as well as some lesser-known ones like 'too much' and 'hard headed woman'. What is great about this cd is that it shows Elvis' versatality - no other artist (not even Jacko, who many kids today think is better than Elvis, as if!) could change from rock (Jailhouse rock, burning love) to beautiful ballads (love me tender, don't, can't help falling in love) to gospel (crying in the chapel).
This cd also features 'suspicious minds' which puts Gareth Gates' recent cover to shame. And for newer or younger fans, the sleeve includes information on each track. Once you have this cd, you will want more. And remember:
Before anyone did anything, Elvis did Everything!
on 21 August 2015
I was quite disappointed as there were only 18 hits downloaded with many of the favourites like Suspicious Mind's missing!!