on 9 June 2011
Bought this as a replacement for a cap I thought I'd lost.
Naturally, as soon as it popped through the door, the original one turned up. For I've found the quickest way to find something that was lost is to buy another ...
Good lens cap, does what it's made for. Also finds old one ...
on 31 July 2010
Lost one of my lens caps recently and had to buy another one. I can confirm that this lens cap fits the standard EF-S kit lens for the 500D and my Canon 55-250 EF-S lens.
on 5 December 2010
This Canon lens cap fits my 18-55is kit lens perfectly. I just hope that I can prevent this one from falling into the river Avon like my last one did.
on 9 February 2009
Well made and fits well, as you would expect. However it is a bit of a shame that the extra step wasn't taken to make this so much better. All it would take is a little loop to accept a cord, to prevent the cap from being lost (again) and it would have had the two extra stars.
on 29 July 2013
I lost my original cap and so I thought I would get an identical replacement.
Sadly, I was sent a substitute lenscap without warning by the vendor and given the price I was charged, that was an expensive waste of time. I then went on ebay and got one for £2 sent from HongKong (which I wish I had done from the start).

Not impressed!
on 16 December 2013
Not often I leave a bad review but this order was one I wished I hadn't bothered placing in the end. I ordered this on 7th November and have finally received it today after rearranging the delivery with Royal Mail - it was first attempted on 9th December so took over a month. I queried the delivery after waiting 3 weeks for the seller to say that it was due to "peak season" (7th November? Hardly...) and that they were outside the UK. If you're thinking of ordering this, just bear in mind that the seller is in Hong Kong (there's no mention of that as far as I can see) so prepare yourself for a very, very long wait.... It's also fairly cheap and flimsy compared with the original lens cap I got with the camera (Canon ES500D)..
on 5 November 2010
Fits onto the standard lens that came with my Canon 1000D. No complaints, does exactly what it's supposed to!
on 16 August 2013
It's amazing for the value and its by canon I was going buy a non canon one for bit more than this one then i found this I must say the value is really good. Product is exactly what it says in the description..
on 17 August 2013
Lost my camera lens cover at a recent wedding and ordered this after seeing the fab reviews on the quick delivery. But I was amazed by just how quick??!! Order placed 7.30 am..by 8.10am I had an email to say it as dispatched and it arrived the following day. I was amazed. It fits perfectly, was great value and the delivery was unbelievable. Won't be afraid to lose my lens cover again knowing this supplier can provide such ace service!!!
on 22 May 2013
I was delighted enough to receive my lens cap within 1 DAY of ordering (a superb service from Camera Shop, I have to say) and I have to add that it is a good quality article at a reasonable price, when compared to the Canon official parts. It fits the 58mm UV filter and adaptor ring (Hoya and Maxsima versions which are every bit as good) on my Canon SX50HS perfectly. Included in the price was a free lens cap holder and cord, and to crown it all, it came within 24 Hours post free!

See one answered question