Customer reviews

The Professionals: Season 4 [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change
Price:£49.99+ £1.40 shipping

on 4 June 2016
Yet again, Network's remastering of 'The Professionals' is a complete triumph, setting the bench mark for how vintage television should be presented. They've gone back to the original film negatives, remastered the sound and picture from scratch - it looks immaculate, miles better than any previous DVD or VHS release, and indeed considerably better than it ever did on its initial ITV broadcasts (never mind current digital channels).
As to the episodes themselves ... well, I don't think it would be a controversial view to say some of the season 4 episodes are a bit weak compared to the earlier seasons. The acting and action is as sharp as ever, but some of the stories are a bit rehashed and tired. However, happily or ironically, the last season also contains what are surely some of the show's very best episodes (Operation Susie, Cry Wolf, Lawson's Last Stand...?), so I mustn't grumble.
I just hope that having now completed their superb blu-ray sets of the Professionals, Network bring us some more classic shows in the same fashion - The Sweeney, perhaps..? Hammer House of Horror? Minder?
on 24 April 2016
I already have all of the prevoius series on blu ray & am delighted to say the MKIV is highly recommended.
Arguably better picture quality than previous series,maybe due to film being a few years younger?Or in better condition?Or perhaps the latest technology available to do the transfer is a bit better?
Network has done an outstanding job with the entire series of The Professionals & i honestly do not believe anyone could have done any better.
Anyone thinking that a 4K scan version would be better would probably be disappointed as the original film is 16mm & not 35mm.
I would love to see another massive favourite of mine The New Avengers to be given the magic treatment by Network,it truly deserves to be!
44 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 March 2017
I have The Professional MK1 and the picture is of the highest quality, the best I have seen in any digital restoration. It brings a freshness to the stories as the picture is incredibly clear, in some scenes, the quality in my view is like you would see standing there, particularly street scenes (using a High Def ready Plasma TV & Surround sound amp). Sound quality is also good, DTS on my system. I assume that MKIII and IV are the same as I have not yet finished MK1
on 1 March 2017
Network do a really fantastic job of restoring these series from the golden age of TV. Nobody does it better. In fact, the picture quality far exceeds that which was seen in the original broadcasts. These Blu-Rays provide a window into the past, so that the passing street views and backgrounds provide almost as much interest as the stories themselves ! It's like a time machine.
Bodie, Doyle and Cowley need no introduction to Pros fans, so just sit back, let it all wash over you and forget the 21st century. Bliss.
on 20 July 2016
Very dated now, bit if you grew up in the 70s you will love this....the cars, clothing, non PC dialogue....and not a smartphone, laptop, tablet or LED TV to be found ......storylines are highly improbable, as is C15 as a concept, but the acting is decent, and the show holds a charm for us nostalgic types !!

A truly Brilliant job has been done on digital remastering to bring the sound and picture sharpness up to near modern standards,,,greatly enhances viewing enjoyment !
on 1 November 2017
Very pleased with this item although I would have preferred the booklet to accompany it like I have with the other 3 series.
Nothing wrong with them at all, am now looking forward to viewing CI5 The New Professionals.
Excellent service and first class prompt too.
Many thanks.
Mr. Andrew Banks Shakesby
on 26 July 2016
Just received my copy of The Professionals Mk IV,and am thoroughly enjoying it.If,as I am,you are a fan of this series,then this seven-disc boxed set,along with Series I,II,and III,is an absolute must-have.A thoroughly excellent DVD release of a 7Os-80s piece of classic TV.Buy it.I guarantee that you won't be disappointed.
on 21 October 2016
It's the professionals what more do I need to say. Oh yeah the picture quality is phenomenal. It's great to see them restored as they were 1st broadcast with the original start and end titles. There's a book with each series packed with plenty of information about the stars and production. If you're a Bodie and Doyle geek you'll probably love it. Did I mention the phenomenal picture quality?
on 8 February 2017
What can I say another great series from my past. These days these type of programs tend to be so serious and often more violent. Well worth buying.
on 29 June 2017
Can only repeat my original Mk 111 review here. One of the U.K.s finest classic action TV shows. Network have done a first class restoration and fans that watched the original on TV won't believe the Blu ray product. Do yourself a favour and try it.