Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 July 2003
I can't say that I was a fan and bought this to complete my Steps collection. Fact is someone gave me this CD - but, hey, it's great (well half of it is).
CD 1 is a bit of a mish-mash of (presumably) stuff that wasn't good enough to released before Steps split up - 'I Know Him So Well' and 'Merry Xmas Everybody' - urgh! But in there is a great version of 'Lay All Your Love On Me', which suits the Steps make-over perfectly and a couple of decent, if short, remixes. The rest of it would go down great at a kiddies' party. (I'd give this a generous three stars on its own.)
CD2, however, is something else. Ten great pop-dance anthems of perfectly produced extended versions, kicking off with a surprisingly good remix of the previously dire '5, 6, 7, 8'. 'Deeper Shade Of Blue' chuggs along with an almost trance-like quality and I defy anyone who says that it's not a great song. Other high points include nicely stretched-out versions of 'Tragedy' and 'Last Thing On My Mind'. Also the complication is cunningly sliced together with barely a gap between the tracks and is enough to get even the most hard-nosed party goer tapping his or her feet. (Got to be a five-star compilation.)
The thing that impresses me the most is that if you actually listen to the words then the majority of the songs are a little on the miserable side (prefect for fuelling teenage angst). Pete Waterwan, you're a genius... what have you got for us next?
on 26 November 2002
I was very surprised when I heard of the sudden splitting-up of Steps. Since we did not here a lot of music from Steps in Holland, I had to get all my music(and news) from England. But, sometimes it was hard to lay my hands on some singles. But now, after the marvelous Gold from last year, finally a cd is released with B-sides and some remixes. Allthough not all are my style, it does complete my Steps collection with some very great songs like the covers I know him so well and Lay all your love on me. Got some great memories for Too Busy thinking about my baby, and allthough being a not so strong song, I really am glad it is on cd now. If you liked Steps and that was that, you'd probably have enough with the Gold cd. But, if you want to know Steps a bit more, than the Last Dance collection really should be yours too.
on 27 November 2002
This Cd is a must for any step fan. If you were lucky to go to any of there concerts or have them on video which is also avalible here and is a must you would want this cd. It is a collection of the remixes most of which are unrealesed or hard to get and were used at the concerts including the gold tour which was great. If you love steps youll want this cd get it now!!!!
on 9 October 2007
Though the remixes lack the impact one would hope of such a well produced set of hits, the unreleased original songs, and even the covers, are brilliant additions. Their covers of I know him so well/Too busy thinking about my baby are worth buying the cd for alone, and the opening orchestral overture is sheer genius that even the most hardened twenty-something will smile at.
on 4 July 2014
Love this album as i was growing up i missed a lot of steps singles so i never owned a lot of these songs 2 from ABBAMANIA Lay All Your Love On Me and I Know Him So Well. I love Too Busy Thinking About My Baby,To Be Your Hero and Just Like The First Time!!
Other songs include a cover of Merry Xmas Everybody and a song called Why? and US only track Mars and Venus

The second CD is full of remixes by Work In Progess
on 1 October 2013
There are quite a few gems stashed away on this cd, including various b-sides & bonus tracks and definitely is a great addition to any hardcore steps fans collection and plays well as an album in its own right.
on 9 September 2013
I purchased this cd recently - it is great - there are nice remixes of classic tracks - and also some rare tracks - I particularly love the orchestral remix (track 1 of CD 1) - providing an overture of Steps songs. A really good cd well worth getting if you are a Steps fan.
on 9 April 2014
Been a big fan
They have omitted lots of good mixes of the old favorites that I used to get up and dance to in Clubs and instead put a few cheesy songs I have never heard off
Come on Steps lets have some new Albums please
on 25 November 2002
Steps rocked our world for five wonderful years and the release of "The Last Dance", while creating sadness of their tragic departure, also creates fantastic tunes for the ardent fan. While they were criticised by many, there isn't a soul who hasn't danced to one of their huge collection of hits.
This CD introduces some of their famous hits revamped and more steptastic than ever. It also introduces B sides from some of their singles such as "Just Like The First Time", which if you remember was performed by Lisa in their "Next Step" Tour. "Human Touch" is also excellent. It includes influences by Abba from "Lay All Your Love On Me" and also a great beginning to the festive season with "Merry Christmas Everyone"
This is a must for all Steps fans, who have enjoyed their music for five great years. It would make a wonderful Christmas present for all ages. Steps will never ever be forgotten, they have touched so many of us, over their lifespan and with this great CD, they promise to continue to do so.
on 25 November 2002
This is a must have for any fans of the now disbanded Steps! This CD isn't just filled with your normal brand of pop cheese, it's much more than that! CD1 is filled with non chart released single B sides, Sleazesister Anthem edits and W.I.Ps. CD2 is filled with W.I.P edits you would be more likely to hear on the dancefloor of a nightclub than a cheese factory, more upbeat than a night with the Osbournes.
If this still doesn't appeal to you, buy it just for Lisa doing it "Just Like The First Time". Any fan of Steps will know this is a must have CD, if you've never brought a Steps CD before, make this your first. This band may be gone but they're still going strong!