Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 August 2017
Great fabulous
on 17 March 2003
Well, i thought i'd already purchased the best albums of my vast collection before i'd heard Still Ghetto but i have been proven wrong. I know you may say they're all good until something else comes along then something better pops up, but this is the only album that has brought sweetness to my 36 year old ears after the 1st play since D'Angelo's 'Brown Sugar', it has even gained the attention of my good lady wife.
This silky but throaty genius brings back memories of my youth listening to Luther Vandross, Alexander O'Neil, Freddie Jackson et al.
If this is the 1st album you have ever had the pleasure of buying i'm confident in years to come it will still be near the top of your stack.
Can't say much more than, find,buy it , play it, love it!!!!
on 3 May 2003
I brought this album on the basis of the track Fabulous. I had no knowledge of Jaheim whatsoever. So this was a new venture.
And what a special album it is. The album cover really doesn't say anything about the type of album it is.
He looks like a rapper, and the lyrics will be about guns, death and who he put in a coffin.
But its very different. Jaheim is from the same mould as all the soul ledgends (Luther, Alex O'Neal)
Track 1
Intro (feat Duganz)
Well yes at it says, its is an Intro, which really sets up the hip hop vibe, with short bursts of the soulful deep voiced Jaheim
Track 2
Diamond In Da Ruff
And this track mixes straight in from Track 1. Its a very nice song, clever lyrics and basically a souled out love song with a hip hop edge. A song about relationships that go wrong, but the love never dies.
Track 3
Fabulous
A song which has been played quite a bit on the urban music scene (MTV Base etc) Its Jaheim's attempt at a crossover song, which works very well. Even the most hard hitting ganstar would put there guns down and chill to this tune.
Track 4
Lets Talk About It
One of the album highlights. Its such a chilled tune, with lyrics of the highest standerd. Its Love Soul 21st centuray style.
Track 5
Put That Woman First
The second single from the album. This is lyrically the best song on the album, and Jaheims vocals are of the highest quality. The song is beautiful.
Track 6
Beauty and The Thug (duet with Mary J Blige)
Mary J, lends her voice on this chilled out groove. Its a tale of a forbidden love. Cool Track.
Track 7
Me and My Bit*h
This is without a doubt the best song on the album. If You like soul music with a deep groove, then this is the song for you. Its got one mother of a beat, and voacally he can melt the heart.
Track 8
Bachtight
Ohhh Jaheim , is there any let up on the smooth grooves?
Its another amazing track. Its another love song - sounding the same? NO! its different and its excellent.
Track 9
Special Day
The weakest track on the album. A little too mellow, and a bit too corny for my liking.
Track 10
Long As I Live
Has a real mid ninties feel about it, with shades of Jodeci about it.
Track 11
Interlude
Does exactly what it says on the tin.
Track 12
Everywhere I Am
Fellas listen up. Send your girl this track and she'll fall into your arms forever. Nuff Said.
Track 13
Tight Jeans
A track you could imagine R Kelly doing. (no not because of that tut tut) Its very much like an old skool swing track.
Track 14
What You Want
Vocally it isn't the best track, different to the rest. Worth listening to though
Track 15
Everywhich way
The album may be reaching its climax but Jaheim proves he can gett the groove going with this stunning track. The soft love style is swapped for a bit more of a agressive tone.
Excellent
Track 16
Still Ghetto
Very much a continuation of the intro (track 1), hip hop flava all over it.
Overall
Its a stunning album with lyrics to melt the heart and vocals to send you spinning.
I recommend.
on 30 December 2002
Jaheim has done it again. The long awaited second album from Jaheim lives up to the quality that was produced in his debut album. There are some brilliant tracks on this album and it is a must have to increase the definition within any quality cd collection.
on 7 January 2013
I would give this no stars if possible, I orderd Still Ghetto and when it came it had the right case but the CD inside was something compeltely different. I have contact the supplier asking for what I paid for or a refund and they told me that they were sorry and that a replacement CD would be sent out that day (14th December) Well I am still waiting for the CD actually arrive and in all honestly I doubt that it will actually turn up in which case I don't I will get a refund.

I would recommend that these jokers are avioded at all cost!! If they have something you like the look of, just go to another supplier as they obviously do not send out the right orders and also can't keep to their word that a replacement order has actually been sent out....
on 8 December 2002
I must admit that I'm a huge fan of Jaheim. Since I bought the CD system for my car six months ago his last album is the only one still there. Others have come and gone!! This new album looks like going the same way.
His voice has tinges of Luthur Vandross but with a more hip-hop but mellow, urban beat. If you can cope with the rare explicit lyrics .... definately an album for us ladies!
on 9 January 2004
This album really shows off the talent of Jaheim. His smooth, sultry vioce will make any woman's heart melt and make most men appreciate his soulful voice and chilled out ryhmes. Perfect for a lazy afternoon, or getting down in the bedroom...!
on 3 October 2012
I bought this album 10 years ago when it was released and after a decade feel that it has not aged. It still feels like an incredibly unique album and have never become bored of it. There are some great writers on this album including Anthony Hamilton and the backing music to the vocals is done with great care. One of my favourite albums of all time.
on 5 May 2003
I recently pledged to myself not to buy the second album by any artist but to buy only first records. However, I loved Ghetto Love so much that I broke my own rule and bought Still Ghetto. And I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong - Still Ghetto has some sparkling moments and is full of gorgeous ballads but it just doesn't have the punchy upbeat tunes ("Happiness", "let it go" and could it be") that made the first album flow so easily. This time out Jaheim is on a much more mellow tip with every song using slow, slow beats. This is great for ballad lovers but after a while you start longing for something a little more bouncy. However, if you're a ballad lover - you'll be happy. It doesn't come much better than this. But please...what is that cheesy ghetto thug intro all about - that stuff is so played out!!! The man's a soft hearted lover - leave it at that.
on 29 April 2004
Loved the first album and love this one too, always in my cd player. Thisguy can sing!