Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 April 2013
this c.d. is great to have on while i am busy as I can sing along to it. It's easy to brighten your mood with these lively timeless folk songs. It was delivered quickly and there have been no problems with this purchase whatsoever.
on 19 June 2005
This is good. About the best with original artists. Ronnie Drew and Luke Kelly make up for the weaknesses of The Briers.
on 29 December 2012
I work with the Elderly in a small Irish town, and brought this for them to listen too during dinner time.
They were all singing along and the comments from them were that there is a good mix of all the good oldies :)
on 4 February 2014
bought for a few songs I was missing off another Irish CD I have. None of these compilations are perfect therefore mix.Wanted the Wild Colonial Boy but the version on here is a bit of a let down. Not sure if there are better versions but i should imagine there would be.
Best song is the Fields of Athenry though.
on 4 March 2009
Something to change your life if only for a short while, going back to a style that makes you smile and think of the past, Greatttttttt.
on 14 September 2009
This was Ok some of the songs you could hardly hear I think some of them have been recorded live and very good.

Give it a miss.
on 11 January 2013
The CD was a gift for my brother, he loves it,
our Mother was Irish, so anything to do with Ireland is great..
Thank you for the wonderful Cd's by the 'Highway Men' I love every single one, just about worn them out through over playing!!
Many thanks to you.
happy new Year
Mo Clarke
on 30 July 2014
It has become one of my all time favourite CD, this is because it as many fine tunes on it. There are plenty of songs ( live) of Luke Kelly and of him as the lead singer of live Dubliner songs . To me the live versions add to the recordings - often making me sing along with the audience. All the classic Irish songs are there :- seven drunken nights, the wild rover, black velvet band and many more.The best in my opinion are the fields of Athenry, and the outstanding the town I loved as well.It shows the immense talent of Luke Kelly one of the founding members of the Dubliners who died in his early 40`s. I brought it through the Amazon sellers for just over £2. Such a bargain that I bought another to play in the car.By the way it not all luke Kelly and the Dubliners on the disc, the Briers are also good ( fields of Athenry ). If you like old time Irish music give it a go at that price !
on 17 April 2012
Go on buy this Irish C.D. and stand by for an hours music stands up to what was advertised, go on put it in your collection, Edwin.
on 24 October 2013
love all the old songs and really enjoy listening to music, which I detested as a child because my parents listened to it, but now it reminds me so much of my dad especially.