Escapology [Explicit Lyrics]
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 31 December 2003
His first album was great, innovative and purposeful.
When will people realise Williams is just churning out the same album every year? Well done to the cousins across the pond who figured he really can't write songs for toffee after just one album release. I think it's time all you Take That fans grew up and listened to some real music. Now he has gone solo in song writing aswell we may see something different.
Boring and predictable just doesn't cut the mustard anymore.
on 22 October 2013
Another absolute zero for this dud-stinker of a CD. Nothing of worth on this disgraceful effort and he just becomes more dislikable by the minute. Check the cover of this joke of an album and pray that somebody cuts the rope.
RUBBISH!
on 24 August 2003
Since seeing Robbie at Knebworth August 2003 this CD has not left my side at all and has even accompanied me to the other side of Europe!
Have been a Robbie Fan since the days of Take That so it goes without saying that Robbie has done it again and I can not wait for the Release of Escapology Tour 2003 on VHS/DVD.
on 13 April 2003
Am I the only person to notice that as RWs arrogance and self-importance grows – as seen in recent TV and media coverage his music deteriates in quality. This latest CD is evidence of the decline and fall of RW. £80m or not this is a drab non-descript hour or so of music that is not even worthy of being in the shadows of his first two albums.
VERDICT: If you’re a big RW fan; you’ve probably already got it…so never mind. If you have any of his previous albums…best listen to this before you buy it. If you have no other RW albums look no further than Life Thru A Lens or I’ve Been Expecting You…escape from Escapology.
on 16 November 2002
Damn, Guy Richie is one hell of a clever er...guy. Parting from Robbie's side was a great career move, because frankly - this album sucks worse than even Holly Valance's track by track photocopy CD.
I was really looking forward to Mr. Williams' return. Really, I was! But after hearing his comeback track, "Feel" - I knew he was nosediving. Is it me or does it sound like he's nicked Moby's 1995 piano? You'll be doing these comparisons ALL throughout the record. On the magical mystery tour of his album (mystery being the disappearance of good songs), I found myself listening to Queen's "Radio Ga Ga", as well as something about a Monkey...
riiiiiiight...
Yup. I don't know how to swing your opinion without you listening to it. Because, you WILL listen to it. Because, you don't believe me, or you don't WANT to believe me; And it'll be #1 because millions of others won't believe me. But give it a week or so, & then you'll see everyone taking it back to the shop saying "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?"
Remember his first album, "Life Thru A Lens?" Not only couldn't he spell properly, but it wasn't a good album was it? Nor was his second or third come to think of it. All that kept them alive were the singles. They had all the strength within them to lift that circular piece of plastic high up in the air, & turn it into a halo. "Escapology" has none. Zip. Zero. Zilch.
The problem with Robbie now is that he has refused to tuck away that growl & develop on the softer delivery of notes like he managed to do in the oh-so-classic "Angels". The Robster has made no shame of it, & to be honest - it wrecks it. Maybe that's the reason why I despise the record. Singing with that growl/screech/whatever will no doubt bring that Karaoke singer tag even closer to him. And don't forget, there'll be a second swing album - which will probably feature more tunage wrecking screaming. It's worse than Kelly from Stereophonics.
I'm afraid this is this the Christmas turkey come early, & everyone wants a slice of it. Instead of this, buy Will Young's debut, because with the strength of his solo recordings, he could well overtake Robbie in the popularity stakes.
I apologise if this hasn't been constructive, but I refuse a fifth listen to write deeper.
on 15 September 2003
A truly amazing album!! Every song is great, some really good songs, " Me and my monkey"!! "Nans song"!! Just buy it, and you will not be dissapointed, HONEST.
on 20 September 2013
Some of these songs show robbie william's voice at its best and they are really good.
But half of them are fillers.I didn't know he could sing so well because live on tv he is
generally poor.For hardcore robbie fans this will be worth the money.
For everyone else I'd recommend listening to samples on the internet and downloading
just the songs you like-should be about five of them.
on 29 September 2003
most enjoyable, brill , superb what more can i say
on 11 December 2002
I've listened to the entirety of the Escapology album and I'm not disappointed. It is very different to his past albums, I am happy to say there is no hint of swing, PHEW! The album does have stronger tracks then others, one thing it does prove is that Robbie has definitely come a long way lyrically and vocally. 'Me and my Monkey' especially is an example lyrically, even though it is a daft song, you can't help but like it.
There is more of an American feel to the album, which I think has purposely been done in order for Rob to crack the states, which he denies, but deep down I believe he does. However to break the US market with this album, we will have to see and in my opinion I don't think he will.
The album does have more of a rockier sound, the only track to distinguish it to other albums, is his first released single 'Feel', which I think is his best track, since 'Angels'. My fave track on the album is 'Come Undone', just because it has the most soul and emotion in it. I enjoyed listening to the album and the more I listen to it, the more it grows on you, which I think is the case for all of Rob's albums. Hot Fudge, Sexed Up, Love Somebody, Monsoon, Handsome Man (which is Rob being at his most cockiest), which I love for its humour are other great tracks etc. 'Nan's Song', which has been written solely by Robbie, though simple, is a beautiful song and touches a nerve and if this is anything to go by then the future does look bright for the Robster.
The tracks that I feel let the album down are Song 3 and Cursed, not bad songs, but their not Robbie and their the ones I always skip. I also love the bonus track 'I've tried Love', very funny. 'Is the Richard Gere gerbil story true?' we'll never know.
Another thing about the album, even though I love it lyrically, the songs about how he battles with his sub-conscience we have all heard before. So maybe on his next album, now he's taking happy pills, we could have less of that and more on how he enjoys his life, cos' really he should be.
Overall If I were to rate this album out of 10 I would give it an 8, I don't think it will go down in history, but it is his best yet. WELL DONE Rob!
on 16 September 2003
It's a shame that Robbie Williams' vocabluary of pop music has become so shallow and withdrawn. With every song he has done since "Angels" sounding nigh on identical, and his weak voice that often descends into shouting rather than singing, it is no wonder to me that he didn't crack America. On this latest album the songs are all so much in the contrived pop/rock vein that it doesn't bare listening to once, let alone a few times.