Customer reviews

on 19 December 2002
Bad Company are back - this time with their tongues firmly in their cheeks.
Unless you're into the Darkest D'n'B, this is by far and away Bad Company's best and most complete album to date.
Each of the tunes featured, and the album, has been honed to a perfect finish. Bad Company's own distinctive sound has not been lost through the polish however: instead we're treated to the next stage of their agenda's evolution.
The powerful album explodes with what must be the finest MC track released in recent years. MC Spyda giving a jungle-type vocal across rattling soundscapes and well-timed bass.
The album then quickly picks up the pace to what we're used to, warming up to the track heard across clubs nationwide.
"Torpedo" - One of the most humourous, darkest and prolific tunes heard this year. Play it at high volume - when high - for best effect.
In fact most the tunes here can't be criticized -
"Dr Schevago" - Quality - would mix well with DJ Marky and V recordings.
"Snow Cat" - another blistering tune with a quality Amen break.
"Jellybean" - finishes off the well crafted album, yet another new style we aren't accustomed to from the lads, but another belter.
I could go on, but cutting to the chase;
Nearly every track from this album will be spun on the decks of the heads well into 2003. A Triumphant Call to Arms.
Bad Company Forever, Baby.
on 7 March 2013
I thought it was by THE "Bad Company" with Paul Rodgers etc. I didn't think acts were allowed to use the same name as another. I would never have bought this if I had known what it was.
My fault, I will be more careful in the future. Paul Rodgers etc are gods of rock, it is my opinion that this lot certainly aren't.
on 18 February 2004
After reading the previous review I felt i had to make some ammends. Bad Company are one of the freshest d'n'b collectives in existence, having established themselves in such a short time in such a hard scene is amazing. This album is exactly the same as the 'Shot Down on Safari by Bad Company' that isn't imported, except without cd 2, and just check out the reviews on that, it hasn't recieved less than 5. The second cd has d'n'b classics such as 'the nine' which first got bad company recognised, and 'nitrous' which has appeared on nearly every d'n'b compilation ever made. This is the essential version of their debut cd.
on 4 March 2003
WOW! this album totaly blew me away! There are two cds, one is the feature album of the songs, the other is bad company mixing the songs. The mix is incredible with all the creativity that you would find in a sweaty club. On the second cd he kicks of with 'dosage' which has this spiralling melody on a loop with pounding driving bass underneath an absolute stonker. Recent hits like the intense 'mo fire' 'Torpedo' and 'Hornet' are all on the cd. 'Mo fire' has some wicked mcing from navigator with a thunderous bass line and complex drum beat engulfs you in this hard ass onslaught. 'Torpedo' is a superior song with dirty sounding melody that drives until it climaxes. However this cd isn't just about warfare on the dance floor, the crew show their diversity in tunes like 'Dr Shevago' and 'Jellybean' these tunes are more latino and funky just float along bringing a smile to one's face.
A great buy for a drum and bass head looking for something that ranges through the different aspects of light and heavy music.
on 16 December 2002
Bad Company return with the most amazing drum n bass jungle record of all time. 'Torpedo' is the best tune of the year and Bad Company deserve a standing ovation for this! This cd will get u jumping and dancing around ur room like a madman! ABSOLOUTLY BRILLIANT!!
on 2 February 2004
This is probably the last album of BC together with Fresh. So sad. Notwithstanding this dolorous despondency, BC are one of the best DNB collectives so far. An instant classic.
on 28 October 2014
Rough and dirty beats.. yeah boiii
on 23 November 2010
I tried to buy this CD on Amazone. Everything went well, I got an e-mail that my order had been shipped. After a week of waiting, I got another e-mail for my product to be refunded...without any other explanation. Why didn't my CD got delivered??? the first and last time I buy on Amazone!! Now, I get e-mails to thank me for my purchase I never received...I find this awkward!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2003
When I went to HMV to buy Shot Down On Safari, I knew that it would be mad because I had heard most of the tracks beforehand. "Hornet" is my best track of all time and it completely blew me away, hearing it right from the beginning. I rewound this track about five times and the same wih "torpedoes" and "dosage". Bad Company have ripped drum n bass up once again with this longplayer, made of the same stuff as "Nitrous" and the infamous "Temple of Doom". Fresh's "Music maker E.P" is bloody amazing as well. Big up the dnb dons of all time (although the Militia are fast approaching).