on 29 October 2011
I absolutely LOVE this series which was originally broadcast on the Discovery channel during 1996-1997. This Dvd set brought back many wonderful memories from all those years ago. Glad to see this series on Dvd at last. For those people who have an interest in ghosts and the paranormal, (including sceptics) I think you should take a look at this series and see the experiences of people from all walks of life. There are also contributions from scientists and mediums. Don't confuse other so-called ghosthunting series with this one!

What I didnt like was the way the Dvd set has been put together. It doesn't provide you with subtitles or show the playing time, which means that if you stop the Dvd (to make a cuppa!) it won't resume play from where you stopped it and you have to go right back to the beginning!

One irritation I find when looking at adverts for Dvd box sets, like Ghosthunters, is that I don't get to see the title of each episode in the Dvd set (hope that makes sense!)

I look forward to the day when I can click or scroll onto a Dvd and see the episodes it contains.

In the meantime for those of you who might be considering buying this Dvd box set here are the episodes you will get-

1. Legends of the Legionnaires.
2. Spirits of the Civil War
9. Priest and Professor
10. Spirits of Bodmin Moor
11. Mysteries at George Inn
12. Phantom Pilot.

Hope you find this a little bit useful, I know that I could do with more of this kind of information when looking at Dvd box sets.

Shadow Hawk
on 4 February 2010
Unfortunately with the advent of Most Haunted and some other silly children's shows from America where "something" happens every 5 minutes (I wonder why that is?) it seems like good serious investigative programmes like this are in decline, but make no mistake, this is how it should be done.
You could say nothing happens, but then they don't do vigils and seances so it's beside the point - they just interview witnesses and try to find the reasons and theories behind the appearance of ghosts. I've been on a dozen or so overnight ghosthunts and I can safely say nothing much happens either - if you were trying to make a series out of those investigations I went on, you would either have to make something happen or you simply don't sell your series.
Most Haunted and all those American shows, I rest my case.
on 8 March 2016
This is not a series packed full of half-assed scare tactics, and very questionable 'evidence'. This is a sober, well written, thought provoking series. Essential\viewing for anyone with an open mind.
on 12 November 2015
Excellent series. Not sure if it's the whole series. Maybe only series 1. I seem to remember watching on TV an episode about screams across the Severn but that's not in this collection so I'm guessing that was the 2nd series. Definitely recommend to people with a serious interest in the supernatural.
on 28 August 2013
One of my favourite series of fantastic ghost stories and stories from the witnesses themselves. Very nicely produced and presented by William Woollard
on 6 October 2013
I really enjoyed watching these DVD's love a bit of creepiness but this was interesting too. Not all showy like Most Haunted which I also enjoy but take with a pinch of salt!!!! Will keep a look out for some more if they did another series???
on 27 January 2016
Great discs, but I notice it is not the complete series and several shows are missing so 1 star off.
on 25 December 2012
Absorbing stories from people who have had encounters that cannot be explained logically. Definately worth buying the whole collection and reasonably priced.
on 2 March 2015
am looking forward to be watcing this dvd
on 15 August 2014