Customer reviews

Morris On
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 June 2017
A totally brilliant album. This seems to me to have been a natural extension to "Leige and Leif". When the rock band Fairport Convention discovered British folk music and brought it to a new audience. A natural progression to the same treatment for English morris music
This is absolutely essential listening for anyone who loves traditional tunes which have been melodically perfected through the oral tradition and the course of time performed by the finest musicians of the time including the incomparable Richard Thompson.
on 27 May 2014
Brilliant!!! Tried to buy this in the 'eighties without any luck. Its even better than I remembered it(my former husband had LP). Folk music never really becomes outdated. There's always a new generation who will like this. Some group members from Fairport Convention so good musicians. You cannot listen to this cd without smiling - unless you're tone deaf!
on 8 April 2015
Blast from the past. Well worth listening to if you're into Morris, country tunes etc. Not to everyone's taste but I remember listening to this when I was (much) younger and decided I would like to hear it again. Stood the test of time well and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 6 March 2018
classic
on 19 January 2013
I had this album on vinyl in the early 1970's. Like so many of my records they were damaged or stolen during many a student party! To be reunited with this superlative album, which I'd only just found out to be available on CD, is wonderful. What a line-up of real folk heroes and what playing. Fabulous stuff. Go, buy.
One person found this helpful
on 17 September 2017
Excellent album.
on 19 February 2017
Absolutely brilliant album.A must have for all fans of English Country Dance Music.
on 28 August 2015
I 'lost' my original vinyl many years ago... its lovely to have Morris On back in my life!!
on 18 March 2016
very good
on 13 November 2010
Amazing to listen again to music last heard quite a number of years ago, on modern technology, that can be heard on CD/PC/iPod - just wonderful!
2 people found this helpful