• Frida

Customer reviews

Frida
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 May 2017
He saw the movie and gave me a lot of music in it. I decided to enjoy the music in the car.
on 7 April 2003
the best latin soundtrack I heard in a long while. beautiful sounds, touching lyrics and a beautiful bouquet of songs to an excellent movie that deserved alot more than it did at the Academy...
on 8 July 2004
Buyers be warned, if you plan to play the music from this CD on your Windows XP PC, forget it. I was massively disappointed to find that I cant access the music tracks from my PC, only the "enhanced" bits, i.e. a few miserable video clips.
Amazon users & technofiles, please correct me if I'm wrong, but the audio tracks seem to have been hidden & are not accessible either through a player such as Windows Media Player or RealPlayer or through the Windows Explorer function. No doubt this is to protect against copying but it's a damned nuisance to say the least when you play most of your music on your computer!!
on 21 April 2003
I bought this CD for my neighbour as he is not computer literate and I was taken in by the great soothing music.
I listened to it for a whole day and will be getting my own copy soon.
This soundtrack is superb with behind the scenes footage and video clips and cast interviews.
Highly recommended.
on 13 June 2016
OK!
on 3 September 2004
Bought this album post seeing the film Frida - another must.
The soundtrack is as mesmerising as Frida herself. One can leave this album on replay and never tire of it. I wholly and heartedly recommend it.
on 26 April 2010
A stand out feature of the film `Frida' was it's music and upon buying the soundtrack and listening to it again I fully appreciate why. This offers up music with passion and depth and whilst it was fitting and appropriate to the scenes in the film, this CD also gives us credible and moving music in it's own right. The original compositions by Elliot Goldenthal are among my favourites, but tracks by Lila Downs and other artists conjure up the feel of the film and Mexico perfectly. This has an excellent booklet with a short essay on the films music, lyrics in both English and Spanish and stills from the film itself and this is one of the better soundtrack booklets I have seen. Frida, the artist, was unique and produced stirring art and this soundtrack is just as unique and stirring and I have yet to tire of listening to it. Well worth a listen if you enjoyed the film or enjoy Latin American music in general.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 26 June 2016
Excellent bio pic, inventive and imaginative visually while remaining faithful to the real events of Frida's lifestory. The soundtrack, especially the traditional songs, very rich and evocative. And great performance from Selma Hayek and Alfred Molina as Frida and Diego, plus short smart cameo from Edward Norton as Rockefeller, and Geoffrey Rush makes a very sympathetic Trotsky. Ignore the critics who found the performances unconvincing and the dialogue weak - this is a highly recommended portrait of a spirited and free-thinking woman in the male dominated world of art and Latin American politics.
on 27 November 2010
I ordered this CD for my mother (at her request) who is in her 80's. She absolutely loves it and has played it so many times.
I hadn't heard the music myself until I visited her one day and told her I liked the music she was playing and asked what it was. When she said it was the CD I ordered for her I told her it was really good! As I remember, lively, dramatic mexican singing. Definately good music to listen to.
on 16 November 2014
I have never heard such beautiful music. The film is fantastic with excellent acting and the whole atmosphere combined with this music was one of the best movie expierences ever. A must see and hear!