High Crimes [DVD] [2002]
Format: DVD|Change

on 1 November 2012
Hands up, I missed this first time around. However, better late than never !!!!!

Armyman, Tom Kubik (Jim Caviezal), is charged with war crimes and must stand trial for his lfe in a military court. He is defended by his attorney wife Claire (Ashley Judd) and aided by shrewd ex militery lawyer, Morgan Freeman.

So a straight forward did he do it ?? Apparently not !! The defence team soon learn that getting to the truth can cost lives. There are some amazing twists and turns in this film. So much so, there will be a few occasions when you think you have the film worked out, and be wrong. Courtroom drama with plenty of decent action. Humerous, violent (at times), exciting and unpredictable.

Cracking performances from Judd and Freeman.
on 1 February 2013
If this had been from a true story it would have made 5 star for me. The story of the people shot was awful and I know that kind of thing still happens as we speak. The twists and turns were good. I understand why other reviewers have said it would have been good to have more in the court room but as there are stories away from the courtroom it would have gone on forever. It was an amazing story so perhaps this could have been more than it was? I don't know. There was sadness and romance. I think Judd is a good actress, I've always liked her but I was disappointed to see her playing a similar role that she's played before. A bit like watching 'Double Jeopardy' again. Morgan Freeman - I can never find fault in him. He's brilliant. I hated the end part when her husband ties her up. I didn't get the husband really. For goodness sake, the guy was a soldier. Sometime in his life he would have killed someone. So fair enough, him admitting would have been enough. Why did they have to make him turn into a monster? Caviezel is one of my favourite actors. That was the biggest 'downer' for me in this film. Otherwise, worth a watch all who like action thrillers, and Freeman, Judd and Caviezel.
on 9 April 2017
A great film. I saw it again a few months back on tv.. I forgotten how good it was. Great acting from all lead actors. You much watch it. Thanks Amazon 5 stars!
on 12 May 2013
Having previously seen the film and liking the two principal stars I knew exactly what I was getting.

Typically the story line involves the FBI and a seemingly government covert operative having turned rogue. There are sufficient twists and turns in the story line to keep a viewer changing their minds as to what actually transpired many years ago.

I would recommend this film to anyone wishing a good yarn and excellent performances from both Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman.
on 1 February 2018
High Crimes is an underrated and forgotten thriller, it's a well-put-together motion picture, has a lot of mystery and intrigue. Great performances and good directing from Carl Franklin.
on 21 March 2017
A good thriller,
on 12 August 2017
Good film all the way through
on 30 August 2017
good plot
on 10 November 2014
not my taste but bought for my husband for one of his christmas presents and I know he is going to like it so well pleased
on 6 February 2016
Quite boring,it's one of the worst films I've seen with great actor's like Morgan Freeman,and Ashley judd.