on 3 November 2011
You shouldn't take this as a review because I'm biased, first of all I bought this for my Mother in law 'cause she's a sweet woman who's been nothing but a postive influence in my life and secondly I never really liked Rod, although I didn't dislike him either, it's just that when i was getting into really good music in the 70's he was prancing around in leopard skin tights and generally singing "We are sailing" which means I did the dignified thing at the time which was dance to his records to impress girls I fancied but slag him off when I was with my mates. as it stands i'm happy enough to find RS still has a career in dragging his tired old vocal's across some old time showtunes and if it makes my Ma in law happy then where's the bloody harm in that? At least he's not amongst those washed up old has beens on strictly come dancing or whatever it's called and he's had more of a go than those desperately talentless twerps on X factor...Gawd save us from 'em!
VINE VOICEon 27 June 2014
I think Rod Stewart like fine wind has improved with age, and being of a very certain age i know all the songs and all the words, and if I was able I would dance with myself all round the room and a few years ago I actually did with the other CD's in the set, but sadly I lent this one to a so called "friend" and never had it back.
Now I have the set again so I can sing myself hoarse again (as long as no one can hear me)! Go on treat yourself buy it, buy the lot Amazon has them !
on 30 October 2010
Love this CD. The gravelly voice is a change from the more usual singers of these standards - not better but a change.

I have only one criticisn of this whole series of "the American Songbook" - a number of tracks on the various CDs have accidentally strayed from a series that should have been called "The British Songbook"! For example, I know Eric Maschwitz (aka Hank Norvell) worked in America for a while in the thirties but he was British and "These Foolish Things" and "A Nightingale sang in Berkley Square" are definitely British songs written in Britain!
on 21 March 2015
Another Brit whose music I have grown up with and grown "oldish" with. Rod has moved on and matured remember listening to the "Rat Pack" singing many of these songs when I was very young. Rod does them real justice . I saw him live as a teenager and then in Las Vegas last year had the same thrill 40 yrs apart !! Amazing singer, Amazing career, Terrific CD,
on 22 November 2017
What else can I say I'm a sucker for Rod Stewart and his interperataion of these old classics
on 16 April 2018
Easy listening.
on 17 January 2018
Great cd
on 31 July 2016
I am pleased with this product as it is what I expected and there is nothing else I want to say.
on 16 April 2017
This side of Rod Stewart is really great
on 8 January 2011
I bought this CD for my wife as a Christmas present and she is really pleased with it.
We both enjoy this kind of music, well crafted by some of the great songwriters of yesteryear. Rod Stewart sings and presents them brilliantly and fully does justice to the original authors of this music.
Good value for money too.