Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas Soul Playlist Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

An Anthology Of Dead Ends
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 December 2002
After nine years and two albums, Seattle noisecore pioneers Botch have decided to quit, leaving us with this EP as a parting gift. And it is a fine gift. Although only just over 22 minutes long, An Anthology of Dead Ends is full of the angular song structures, unexpected tempo changes, and just plain noise, that made them probably the most consistently exiting band of their type.
Most of the 6 tracks here continue in the same vein as We Are The Romans, but the mellow, haunting Afganistam (sic) suggests that Botch may have been heading in a new direction. Or should that be, returning to their roots? Botch have been described as 'evil math rock', and their first album, American Nervoso, often sounded to me like a heavy version of Polvo. Afganistam shows an even stronger resemblance to bands like Polvo, without sounding at all derivative. It is just a shame we will never find out where Botch could have gone next.
on 8 December 2002
This my friends, is the final Ep from the outstanding band Botch. Having released one of the best albums in 2001, We Are The Romans, this is an awesome closing chapter for the band. Their record company calls their music "math metal," but I think its so much more. They recall moments from Neurosis, Drowningman and many others. This album is designed to reach everyone who's got a liking for something technical, progressive and extreme in music, all in one. Some ep's tend to be too short, including this one. But the energy of the songs are gonna leave you satisfied. And if you need more, you could always check out the We Are The Romans album.
The ep's got five tracks (The tracklisting says six, but the first track is 12 seconds of noise) and the name for each track is a countryname, where the N has been replaced by an M. (Japam, Spaim.. you get the picture) I could name a track, but they're all vital. (You can't do fillers when youre making an Ep) If I had to name one, It'd be Japam. The disharmonic guitar riff at the opening gets me every time. Check it out for yourself, you CAN'T be disappointed.
on 25 June 2013
If you are thinking of getting this then you won't need me to tell you how good it is.
Another hydrahead classic.