Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 16 August 2017
I'm enjoying revisiting old favourite films via Amazon Prime. This one reminds me of my youth when I was obsessed with Andrew McCarthy! I do enjoy the trivia that appears on screen via Amazon Prime about the movie. I did know most of it but I didn't know that Robert Downey Jnr was due to play Duckie. As Molly Ringwald said in an interview, if that had been the case then she's sure preview audiences would have been happy for her to end up with Duckie (as per the original John Hughes script) but Jon Cryer who did play Duckie was more like a brother to her. I was glad that she did end up with Andrew McCarthy's character but if it had have been Downey Jnr then I would have been happy with that ending and I can now envisage him in the part. I'm not a fan of Jon Cryer.

A classic from the Brat Pack days.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2016
This John Hughes classic is a stable of 80s High School romance. Molly Ringwald plays the archetypal High School geek with a depressed underemployed father; two guys compete for her attention - one her male best friend and the other, the local rich boy. It's probably mostly worth a watch for Ringwald's awful pink prom dress more than anything else ...
on 21 September 2017
This film does not need reviewing as if your looking for it you already no its a classic 80s great
on 21 August 2017
Blast from the past! Great film at great value
on 11 September 2017
great blast for the oast
on 15 September 2017
Daughter loved it
on 28 August 2017
retro great movie
on 18 July 2017
Absolutely love this film
on 5 September 2017
Bought for a friend who wasn't born when first released and loved it
on 27 March 2017
Such at trip down memory lane - and my daughter loved it too!