on 13 July 2016
I have the DVD and wanted the music CD to drive around with, this has the 'best of' but not everything that was on the DVD which is a shame as it is the best music DVD I own!

***EDIT: Scratch what I said before, when I ripped it to my computer it put it in a weird order, listening to it in the car it is the full track listing, you get the warm up tracks too.
on 21 February 2013
Great sounds.
Just what I wanted. Was the right one.
great value, and easier than the shops. Came beautifully packaged.
Can't think what else to say.
on 28 January 2014
Tip top bangin' choons, if you couldn't be there this will help, the DVD is good too.
'Go with the flow of the crowd.......Go with the flow of the crowd..........'
on 9 August 2013
Very good. Maybe just as good as Live on Brighton Beach. Some definetly classic tunes.
Jealous I wasn't there on the day
on 18 February 2016
product fine however for some reason couple of the tracks skip
on 26 September 2016
Cowboys
on 19 September 2002
Who else but Norman Cook can lay claim to attracting a quarter of a million people to dance on Brighton Beach? As a member of that gargantuan mob that stormed the beach this summer, I have to say that it was one of the greatest live shows I've ever been to; sure it's an entirely subjective statement, but I stand by it!
Norman's choice of music was spot on that night, with great tracks from Static Revenger, Mint Royale and Tim Deluxe. He played the hits (X Press 2s Lazy, Pure Shores by All Saints) and his own stuff (Mañana from Mighty Dub Katz).
But the highlight track that made the biggest impression on myself (and on everyone else I saw dancing around me) was 77 Strings from Chamonix; which threw everyone into an uncontrolable frenzy.
Mixing beats with his quirky sense of humour, the Big Beach Boutique was one of Fatboy Slim's finest moments and the CD captures it flawlessly. Highly recommended!
11 people found this helpful
on 9 October 2002
Well, with a quarter of a million people on Brighton Beach, could it be anything else! People climbing on lamp-posts to get a better view, making friends and losing them instantly in the crowd - definitely my most memorable night out since the millenium. Mr Cook was on sizzling form, and listening to the CD you can almost feel him working the overwhelming crowd. Okay, he might not be the smoothest in the business (digweed's set was interrupted several times, hence ommitted), but there's no mistaking his style or his verve. He puts so much energy into it, you forget to be picky and just have the best time. Hearing it again, highlights of the set for me were Static Revenger, Cyclone (lord of the land) and fatboy's wicked remix of Lazy by X-Press 2, and when he dropped Tim Deluxe at the start, everyone went nuts - hearing it definitely brings back some good memories of that hot Saturday.
All said and done, I probably won't go to something that big again with that much goodwill flying around. Well worth the purchase for memory's sake, if not at least the must-have compilation of the summer.
5 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 12 April 2007
The Brighton Beach party crammed into seventy minutes. This mix is typical Norman Cook- not worried about what's fashionable or whether a track is more than a year or two old, if it rocks the crowd then it goes on. So you end up with classics, and some cheese, from Camisra "Let Me Show You" (which Norman now says he played as a tribute to "Spaced") to X-Press 2 "Lazy" and even some All Saints at the end.

A good reminder of the event for people who were there, a decent but not outstanding party album for those that weren't.

Also, other reviewers have said Norman's mixing is bad, some have said it's brilliant, in my opinion it's inbetween... it's smooth and competent mixing, without doing anything clever (not on this CD, anyway).
2 people found this helpful
on 24 August 2006
I first listened to this when I was living in Asia, I bought it on tape and I loved it. I wasn't at the party in Brighton (Which was an all day event) but this cd gives you the jist of what it was like just by playing TOP big beats and some crowd sounds. Like the other reviewer said, it is proberbly edited and shortened but the cd only has 60 or 70 minutes not all day. If you just want to listen to quality tunes that WILL make you want to dance and when it is finished WILL make you want to listen to it again and again and again.
One person found this helpful