Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 January 2004
Dolores O' Riordan's brand of Celtic folk-rock/grunge ramblings might not be to everybody's taste, but as this collection shows, they were a fine, fine band. A couple of the songs towards the end aren't as memorable as the classics such as 'Linger,' 'Dreams,' 'Zombie' and the lyrically average, but still damn rockin' 'Salvation,' but this is still a great collection.
OK, so there's no 'Empty,' which is a shame, but you have got 'Daffodil Lament,' as a bonus track, which makes up for that in a way. 'You And Me' is a quite frankly gorgeous song, and you'll have Dolores' lilting, passionate melody in your head for ages after (well I did, and I like it).
Their other albums are worth buying also, particularly EVERYBODY ELSE IS DOING IT... and NO NEED TO ARGUE, but to casual listeners, this is a largely superb compilation, highlighting much of The Cranberries' best work, and is much recommended.
on 24 March 2004
As a fan of the Cranberries I am only a novice as I only got into their music last year when a friend thought I would enjoy "Zombie" and "Ridiculous Thoughts" and recommended I bought this album.
After a full week of listening to the wonderful songs on this album I was a fan for life! There is not one song which I don't like and has now made me go out and buy more of their albums!
on 28 May 2004
First off, let me explain that I'm a freak, you may relate to this and hopefully this review will be helpful. My taste in music just confuses most people, there's no particular genre I listen to. An example of CD's around me: Cranberries, Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, Dido and a Frank Sinatra album.
I love music and I bought "Stars" pretty much just for the tracks that I remember from my youth. Dreams, Linger and Zombies. I expected the rest of the album to be averagely adequete.
I was wrong. This is perhaps one of the best albums I have ever bought. The rest fo the track list are easily in the leagues of "Zombie".
So, if you're a freak like me. BUY THIS ALBUM.
on 9 January 2010
Id forgotten just how much I have enjoyed the Cranberries music over the years and until now only had them on tape. Great CD at a great price and lovely to have the sounds of this group ringing in my ears once again.
on 22 February 2006
I must say i did not expect much when i decided to buy this album. I knew some of the songs (dreams, linger, zombie) from a few years ago, but I never realised the Cranberries had such a collection of great songs. The only misgivings I have are in relation to the lyrics, which sometimes can be a bit weak. If you want an album thats full of melody and has great vocals and understated guitar playing than this is the album to buy.
on 13 March 2013
Brill collection of songs. Wasn't too familiar with The Cranberries, but love all these songs, Lead singer has an amazing voice, can't understand why this group haven't had more recognition within music indust. Younger people who've listened to this,also think it's fantastic.
on 6 December 2009
Okay I realize it's 2009 a bit late to review this album. But it's just as worth it. I have had it and listened to it so much over the years and I just re-bought it coz I lost my original CD. Great album with some of the band's greatest songs. I love it and I always listen to it from time to time. If you like the Cranberries, you might also like Dolores O'riordan's solo albums, her latest being in 09.
on 22 December 2011
If you want a good tune or an album you missed out the first time it was released this is the place to look and at so much cheaper than most other places.

I bought this for my mate and he loves it.
on 18 August 2013
Wanted to update my music collection and The Cranberries were missing... Love this CD and it has been "borrowed" by my partner so I guess he likes it too!
on 10 February 2014
The quality of track 3 is not good at all especially for digital media, very disappointed in this purchase from Amazon