Customer reviews

Life As A House [DVD] [2002]
Format: DVD|Change

on 9 May 2003
'Life As A House' could easily be classed as a far-fetched, unrealistic and predictable film
The faults with this film just dissapear into the back of your mind as you become gripped with the storyline .
The cast poformances are brilliant and believing, the storyline is predictably gripping and the outcome is moving if not emotionally fantastic.
In fact, knowing the outcome makes you even more emotionally attached to this film and it makes you take a look at your own life.
on 4 September 2002
The first time I saw this film, granted, was because I knew some of the cast, but after the first half hour the outstanding performances and story line takes off on its own. Though not the most unique story line (father gets cancer and tries to fix son's behaviour problems) Hayden Christensen plays off Kevin Kline's acting beautiful producing an invoking and emotional film that messed with my emotions from start to finish. The music breaks my heart everytime I listen to it. Watch out for a complete stripping down of human emotion in this film - I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone. "Change can be so slow, that you don't even know your life is better or worse until it is".
on 3 January 2004
Truly one of my all time favourite films if not the favourite. Kline and Christensen are supreme and ably supported by Scott Thomas. (The teen girl in it is damn cute too but that is not the reason to watch this film!)
The acting is brilliantly believable and more than likely you will be left in streams of tears as the credits roll and not mainly for sad reasons that you might suspect - in this respect and many others it is not a predictable film and you will be left uplifted.
If you have any soul you will love this film and if you have even just one small part of your heart left unhardened by this world, this film will find it for you!
Enjoy,
Daren
on 13 May 2009
I saw this movie on TV several years ago and enjoyed it very much. It also has remarkably many fine actors, many of them before they were better known, or some who have always been top knotch but never really "magazine cover"-hot names. One of my kids heard me remark that it was one to watch when it cropped up again on a movie channel recently, and they watched it & saved it for Mom. I watched just a little bit before deciding I needed to order a dvd for my own collection of excellent movies/unreasonably hard to find: like Truely Madly Deeply, A River Runs Through It, etc.
on 31 October 2006
I was told by a close friend that I had to watch this film, not only because of Hayden Christensen's role in it, but because of the plot. I started watching it quite critically, thinking that it would be a typical American film, with long, drawn out speeches and massive, unlikey character changes. I'm so thankful I gave it a chance. I found myself becoming wrapped up entirely in the plot and in floods of tears by the end.

Overall, I was very impressed by the film and would definitely watch it again.
on 20 September 2014
I watched this film while I was on holiday at my Sister's house. We laughed and cried together watching it. I loved it so much, I bought it when I got home and have since watched it again. The acting is fabulous! I would definitely recommend. A film that leaves you with a real sense of being thankful for what you have in life......my kind of film.
on 19 December 2006
I am a typically hard guy who is tough to make crack with emotions but this movie sucked me right in.

Kevin Kline is a terrific actor who excels in this role made for him.

All support actors are equally as good in this underrated film.

A must watch!
on 26 January 2004
This film really suprised me, not only because of its cast which includes the actor who played the teenage Anakin Skywalker, but also for its touching account of a family struggling to come to terms with the coming death of the loser father, played by Kline. A brilliant film well worthwatching. It will stay with you.
on 22 February 2017
Kevin Kline films are always worth getting, this one is no exception! Good value too.
on 24 March 2016
Item as described and arrived on time. Interesting film.