on 18 December 2009
A very good product at a reasonable price, Ideal for close up scrutiny of your slides and negatives for those of us that still use the original celluloid as well as digital.
on 20 December 2011
couldnt believe it when i got this item. Its simply a magnifying glass. Feels cheap plastic. For £11 i was expecting something that geared it towards specialist negative/photography use but fail to see how this is any better than a cheap hand held magnifying glass.
on 9 November 2013
I wanted one of these for looking at my slides instead of using my 50 mm lens turned back to front to view them,but where as the lens looks clear and in focus this does not instead you have to hold it up away from the slides to try and focus it,but even then it's only sharpish in the centre and it rattles,needless to say I am not happy and will be sending it back.
on 8 February 2014
I'm rather disspointed by this product from a reputable brand. It has a very narrow field of vision, and even this is distorted, right in the middle! Not very suitable for examining 35mm negatives/slides: the reasonably sharp area covers only the head of a person positioned in the middle of the frame (about 1/4 or less of the frame). Possibly better suited for examining coins or stamps. I'll continue to use my old-fashioned GLASS 5x loupe for 35mm negs/slides and will only use this one when I need more magnification. I wonedr if the Kaiser brand (only £1 more expensove) is any better?
on 21 August 2014
A small loupe is very handy for both photographic and general applications.

I was a little disappointed with this sample and its plastic lens. Only the central few mm is in focus, and that when the loupe is held a couple of mm above the material being inspected. I suppose one shouldn't expect much more at this price point but I had hoped for better.
on 19 November 2013
This has a plastic lens and goes in or out of focus depending which bit of the lens you look through. I got a refund and will look for another make with better optics. Disappointed that a "Hama" item could be so poor.
on 30 January 2013
Only one way I can descibe my disappointment,it is too small,is too small,is too very small,is far too small and.............
on 16 May 2013
The perfect product which will help me identify hundreds of inherited negatives and slides and declutter an ever growing box of uncatalogued information
on 9 July 2013
Works perfectly very nice magnifier. Using it in a photo 1 class and does the job perfectly working with negatives on a light box
on 23 May 2016
Does the job, worth the money and has a strong magnification.