on 2 January 2010
I had a rush of blood to the head and gave away my Giottos GTAA1900 Rocket Air Blower, the 10 quid one, which is very similar in size to this tiny bit bigger perhaps. The Giottos is better made, feels higher quality, and offered more blow. I'm assured (by it's own packaging) that the Hama also has filtered air coming from it, but it also has a wobbly nozzle, the red part will pull out with little effort. It does the job, but then so does my Fiat Panda, I'd still rather be driving an Aston. If I have to buy another blower I will buy the Giottos again.
on 19 June 2010
If you want a well-priced blower to clean a camera, this is perfect. It's not as powerful as some, but it's small enough to pack in your camera bag and use every time you change lenses, or just for general maintenance now and again.

I'm really thrilled with Amazon Prime too - I ordered this and the Hama SensorKlear kit yesterday (Friday) at about 4pm, and they arrived today (Saturday) at 6.30am!!! Although I would rather have had a lie-in, I can't fault the delivery service.
on 11 April 2009
Picture shown is slightly different from actual delivered product, like what other reviews mentioned. Probably only a cosmetic difference, the rubber ball part has longitudinal protruding grooves instead of transverse ones shown. The red tip is also rounded.

Anyway, its a decent air blower for removing dust off lenses, works fine so far but probably not as powerful as the more expensive ones (rocket blower).
on 3 March 2015
A little smaller than the Rocket blower so does not have the punch of the rocket blower, but this little blower punches above it's weight.. I personally I still think the rocket blower is the best blower on the market even if it is a little on the large side.
on 12 June 2012
I would actually rate this 3.5 stars but since that is not possible I am leaving this at 4.

The good:
It gives you a nice blast of air, powerful enough to clear quite a bit of dust.

The bad:
It's already been described in other reviews so I wont go into detail but
- When squeezing the bulb the nozzles direction goes in weird places instead of being stright

- the nozzle is not attached too well so I am a bit scared that it will pop out and hit one of the cameras delicate parts like it has happened to another reviewer

- Where the nozzle attaches to the bulb there seems to be some gaps in some places where some air escapes, you can feel it if you put your face or hand close.

It's decent for the price though and does what it's supposed to do, so if in a pinch I would go for this again.
on 16 September 2011
I'd begun to notice an increasing number of blobs on my digital photos, and close examination of the CCD of my Pentax K10D using the Mirror-Up function, revealed some dust particles which were tiny, but nevertheless enough to cause shadows on my photos. My first thought was to use my air duster can, but the manual strongly advised against this- instead it recommended using a blower without a brush.

The Hama 5610 is quite large (about 15cm long including the nozzle, and about 5.5cm wide). It produces a powerful jet of air, which is enough to dislodge those pesky bits of dust from the CCD, and also from the mirror and the mirror chamber generally. Unlike some reviewers, I didn't have any problems with the nozzle, which was firmly attached on mine. After cleaning, a couple of test shots produced clean images without shadows.

So, a simple, inexpensive product, which can restore the picture quality to your digital camera in minutes, without risk of damage to the CCD. I have no hesitation in awarding 5 stars to this product.
on 22 July 2011
There's loads of these around - so similar that most look as if they are made from the same moulds.

So if you don't care about the colour, and you don't want the "spaceship" one with the fins on it this does the job as well as any and provides a good powerful jet of air which is particularly handy for dust specs on a digi slr sensor.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 20 December 2011
Dust on a DSLR sensor is a terrible thing. Trying to get it off can be nerve wracking - the thought of touching something so sensitive and potentially leaving it irreprably damaged is worrying at best. That's thy your first resort should be an air blower.

These 55m bellows have a longish, slender nozzle with a reasonably small hole in the end - very useful not only for getting into nooks & crannies, but also for delivering a precise yet reaonsbaly powerful burst of air to just the right spot. They're made from what feels like a very thick and resilient rubber which should stand the test of time. The "squeeze action" is very positive too, there's enough resistance to give it a good hard squeeze and get a strong blast of air when you need to shift some serious grains of dust or be slightly more gentle for softer puffs.

So far it's shifted all of the dust that's been causing me problems and it's small enough to fit in the camera bag so I'll be carrying it with me for future adventures. For the price, a very worthy piece of kit - particularly if you change lenses in the field. Highly recommended.
on 4 May 2009
Well, what I got looks nothing like the one in the picture. It is much bigger and fatter (which in some ways is good), but the only reason I ordered this blower over the very popular Giottos Rocket offering was because it looked smaller, and I could easily carry it in my bag.

It is not small, with the bulb being about the size of a squashed tennis ball, and looks nothing like the picture (in my opinion, it looks allot less cool). It looks more like the Giottos rocket blower, just without the rocket legs.

But overall, a rocket blower is a rocket blower. All it does is blow air, and mine is very good at that, be it large and cumbersome, but still good.
on 3 March 2015
Good value for money, old tech and more successful than any new tech in the area (hand held vaccums etc).
Better to dislodge small pieces of dirt and dust with a targetted blast of air than a weak suction. Why reinvent the wheel?!
Although I actually use four things to clean my laptop:
eco spray to wipe keyboard and screen clean.
hand held 'blower' to dislodge small particles trapped under keyboard (biscuits, toast) - v cheap
simple brush to brush in between keys - v cheap
hand held vacuum last, as I imagine this sucks up any bits dislodged under the keyboard and typically deposits them onto the surface of the keyboard! I'm not sure I have actually witnessed them vacuuming much up, but the theiry seems to make a lot of sense.