on 6 April 2017
Bought for my daughter as I was always going on about Jackanory. She loves it.
on 12 January 2015
lots of memories came flooding back fast delivery
on 8 March 2004
This was my introduction into the classic Alice In Wonderland story. I must admit that when I first bought it I was expecting a film, not a narrated story accompanied with displays of pictures from a book. Not too bad though because Penelope Wilton conjures some extraordinary and expressive voices to emulate the characters in the story, and watching this video is like a schooldays gather-round-teacher storytime, which is quite good.
Probably one for the younger Alice In Wonderlanders this one, even though the actual story does have quite a complex, intellectual undertone, well summed up by the 1966 BBC film version of Lewis Carrol's classic tale (a must see). A good four stars from me.
on 24 June 2016
Beautifully done stories. Peter Davison's presentation of "Alice Through the Looking Glass" is my favorite tale, brilliantly done with a multitude of voices and accents.
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2014
I am so glad I still have access to a video player - or I would have missed being able to watch this little treasure. Griff Rhys Jones has all his dry humour, to make this something to watch again and again.
on 20 April 2016
loved this many thanks
on 29 December 2013
So pleased to have found this retelling of some of the Winnie the Pooh stories. Retold by the great Willie Rushton. Why won't the BBC re-release this? We had to buy it 2nd hand on VHS & copy it to our hard drive. However we enjoyed listening to the stories with our 6yr old grandson who appreciated the humour. We have started to read the books with him, but sometimes its nice to sit back & listen to someone else telling the story.
on 4 February 2009
Victoria Wood is a wonderful entertainer and in this video she is at her best.The story is about a little girl who meets a different fairy story character in her bedroom each night. My daughter has watched this tape about a hundred times. The story has a repetitive element whereby you hear what she has for breakfast etc, which little childen love.
It's a shame its not on DVD. Buy it - its a bargain and youe kids will love it.
on 8 July 2014