Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 January 2004
I am a classical musician. I have had this exquisite c.d. for several years. It is so beautifully realized. I never tire of it . I truly love listening to it. It would definitely be at the top of my desert island disc list. It is conducted and played with such intimacy, warmth and elegance.This disc displays an uncommonly high level of musical excellence. I would heartily and unreservedly recommend it.
on 17 September 2004
Impeccable selection, flawlessly performed. To anyone born before about 1965, I bought it for the theme to the BBC TV antiques show 'Going For A Song' and this bargain certainly was. If you're sufficiently curious or well-informed to have got this far, then you're going to love this CD from end to end.
on 4 April 2013
I find Respighi's music here to be beautiful, relaxing yet entrancing, inventive yet rooted in a world of music and ideas gone before - all played to perfection on this very reasonably priced album.
On here you will find the ancient airs and dances, which hearken to baroque sounds whilst remaining unequivocally modern, as well as the Boticelli-inspired pieces (which, I promise you, perfect the experience of gazing at Boticelli's masterpieces). I cannot recommend it highly enough.